Emission problem

Reinsung

Hi all skoda users out here,

I bought 2 weeks ago 2013 skoda superb 2.0 103kw TDI with 261000km mileage. Two days now there is so much white smoke coming out of the exchaust pipe and saloon is full of that groce diesel smell (when car is waiting for green light or parking most of the times, when driving then no bad smell coming in). My first thought is that maybe DPF might be full, but at the same time there is no error shown in the dashboard. 2 weeks in and getting problems already :/ maybe some ideas what might be?

9 hours ago, Rayban said:

It will be the DPF !, MY VW CC does the same and it stinks on a regen !, like burning paraffin !.

A regeneration won't leave unburned fuel exiting from the exhaust. If it does, something's broken. The extra fuel injected during regeneration is used to ignite the accumulated soot in the DPF and is injected a little at a time until the filter is clear.

After emissions remap there is a lot of white smoke from exhaust during regen. Regen takes usually 13 - 15 minutes. If doing short trips and only urban with cold engine, distance between regens may be even only 150 kilometers.

yeah, my usual trips per day are like 15km to work and same to home, over days extra 20 to grocery and that's it. So i went for a little "must have" trip to know if it might be the DPF. Drove ~40km and then the light turned on, that DPF light. After a while it dissapeared again. About 130km drove with S gear on the DSG and back 130km "Drive" normally. After i parked my car there was no white smoke or bad smell anymore. My white colored Superb is now black/brownish when you look it from behind :D Seems like it cleaned itself and my panic was just unnecessary. But hey, when you buy a used car and this happens and when you are reading everywhere what might be wrong then it is human thing to panic a little :) . But for my happiness, problem is solved for now. My wallet says thanks :)