In your opinion what are the best looking registration plates

Hi looking do get some updated design registration plate, 

What do you think look best? and are they legal?

Standard?

3D?

Gel?

Hi Line?

Pressed metal?

Whats the best way to fit them?

Cheers

Neil

39 minutes ago, Pittsy said:

Pressed metal for me, attached with these: http://www.halfords.com/motoring/paints-body-repair/adhesives/velcro-giant-black-coins-45mm-x-6 for easy removal 

DSC_5095.JPG

Hi i like these, are they road legal? where did you get them made?

cheers

9 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Standard. No stupid fonts. No daft logos (excluding country flags), no ridiculous spacings to make the plate look like something it isn’t. Anything else for me belongs in a McDonalds car park late at night. Trays under the rear wheels optional. 

Agreed - No point in drawing unnecessary attention to yourself, very unlikely to be to your advantage.

Would also say keep them period correct. Plates of a newer or older style than the car they are on never look great, regardless of any legalities.

1 hour ago, ahenners said:

Anything with standard font, spacing, sizing. Postcode + BS AU markings complete the look. Fully legal and doesn't make you stand out for the wrong reasons ;)

33 minutes ago, SC03OTT said:

Standard. No stupid fonts. No daft logos (excluding country flags), no ridiculous spacings to make the plate look like something it isn’t. Anything else for me belongs in a McDonalds car park late at night. Trays under the rear wheels optional. 

That will be mine then  :nod:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Edited by Auric Goldfinger
  • Like 4

All this talk about bog standard, no spaces, plain.... etc? for a moment i thought id stumbled on the Volvo forum... 

character0032.gifcharacter0032.gifcharacter0032.gifcharacter0032.gifcharacter0032.gifcharacter0032.gifcharacter0032.gifcharacter0032.gif

Im usually going too hard for anyone to see the plates anyway....;)

Edited by JohnnyType2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I've recently put raised gel plates on mine, the rear being slightly shorter than standard... I think they look better than bog standard and are 100% legal so no issues there

38371698021_bf570f22d0_k.jpg

• Like 3

6 hours ago, JohnnyType2 said:

All this talk about bog standard, no spaces, plain.... etc? for a moment i thought id stumbled on the Volvo forum... 

character0032.gifcharacter0032.gifcharacter0032.gifcharacter0032.gifcharacter0032.gifcharacter0032.gifcharacter0032.gifcharacter0032.gif

Im usually going too hard for anyone to see the plates anyway....;)

I'm coming from a volvo v40 and most the people on the Volvo v40 club site are far from the typical volvo owner of old, most drive way faster than they should. It seems volvo created something odd with the V40 mines driven like I stole it most of the time. The amount of illegal reg plates on them is unbelievable. 

1 hour ago, jcsphoto69 said:

I'm coming from a volvo v40 and most the people on the Volvo v40 club site are far from the typical volvo owner of old, most drive way faster than they should

unfortunately Briskoda has its fair share of 'victor meldrews' who think anyone with a private plate is a boy racer... we need a separate vRS forum where we can block the fun police.

• Like 1

Some folk being a bit oversensitive, perhaps a slightly raw nerve being touched.

My thoughts are each to his or her own, if folk derive enjoyment from their memorable/flashy/novelty/different numberplate - great, but it's not for everyone. It is great that we are not all the same.

• Like 4

I never got the GB obsession with having the latest and greatest numberplate to impress the neighbours.

NI plates I think are best, as unlike GB and IRL they don't have an associated age, so no-one really knows what age your car is.

(Though truth be told mine is still on a Scottish '63' plate (second half of 2013? Registered December) I haven't gotten round to re-registering on NI plates yet)

• Like 1

I have short, pressed metal plates.  Fully road legal.

I just fancied a change.  SWMBO insists on moving our private plate from one car to the next simply because it saves her remembering a new registration.  The chosen reg means nothing to anyone but us.  I never wanted a chavvy plate, just something different.

I've posted elsewhere that I think that the Octy suits a short plate, in my opinion it make the front look wider and increases the aggressive look afforded by the split headlamps on the Mk3 FL.

• Haha 1