In your opinion what are the best looking registration plates

• Administrators

oh now I feel like the party pooper in 3rd reich hired costume at a tory do. And I'm sure there is a plate for that.

I must admit to noticing a lot of cars with problems in mounting there plates. It seems to be a problem, mostly with very shiny ones and clean front bumpers. I think the best looking plates must really have a fundamental design flaw in not being attachable. Now I maybe getting older, passing my 12th year in my mind, but when I called a local bobby about a seriously dodgy plate, where it was parked, the model, the actual reg not the fake one thanks to black dots... "if we see it we'll talk to them"... "ffs it's right here, and there are donuts in store right now" I didn't say.

I do like the gel ones. I feel like getting a euro star one before we can't just to ... to just... just to...  nothing wrong with current plates, I'll buy claybars, creamy fluids and donuts instead.

Edited by ColinD

On 26/11/2017 at 07:55, Darrenbvrs said:

Where or how did you get the black VRS letters? I got the Skoda and Octavia in black but can't find VRS. Cheers 

I just used plastidip mate

• Like 1

On 28/11/2017 at 18:47, Darrenbvrs said:

Cheers mate. Was looking at YouTube videos of plastidip last night . Looks easy enough. What's your opinion?

for things with a strong edge like the lettering etc its a great product... so simple to use. Gives a matte finish though... which suited me. 

The vRS badge was a little tricky though as I wanted the middle section cut out to show the colour, was quite fiddly. If you're happy with it all black though it couldn't be simpler

Just cut some vinyl and use that. if you plastidip the colour section it will peel with the plastidip. I found that out....

this was a quick and dirty 10 mins to cut and place the vinyl. yes the stripes are the wrong thickness but if you spend more time and its not -2oC like i did then you will get it right.

large.20171126_152436.jpg.4c4ca8b476b9287956ee0457541101d3.jpg

ive cleaned it up a bit since this image

Edited by JohnnyType2

It looks perfectly fine. You'd never notice. I work for a bus company and got the lad in the body shop to spray the Skoda emblems black. Did a super job. Only had to give him a few beers as payment. 

I've ordered the name badges in black but am regretting it now that I can plastidip them. I might try that first and if it works well, I might try selling the ones I bought 

• 2 weeks later...

Anything once it's not that stupid feckin' German font,

ITS CZECH

P.S. I've just remembered I actually hate it full stops specially teamed with TUV and auspuff stickers and especially the BMW AUTOHAUS MUNCHEN number plate surround *******ology

Edited by 181ce

I like standard non-GB dealer plates. I always used to ask them to make some up if my plate hadn't been transferred before collection. Makes me cringe to think on a previous Astra VXR I had plates with a disgusting illegal font. 

14 hours ago, Swirly182 said:

I like standard non-GB dealer plates. I always used to ask them to make some up if my plate hadn't been transferred before collection. Makes me cringe to think on a previous Astra VXR I had plates with a disgusting illegal font. 

comic sans? :tongueout:

i always get a little bit of sick in my mouth when i see it

Edited by JohnnyType2

• 3 months later...

I've had gel resin and pressed metal and I am still coming down in favour of good old pressed metal. I have gel on the Citigo and pressed on the Octy and Benz. When I whack my plate on the Octy I'm torn between going for pressed again, or recycle the gel ones from my old Volvo.

IMG_5339.thumb.JPG.67a13ab96f9a7a63359021abbfd975ce.JPG

Or stick with what I know (this is the plate I have on the CLK).

IMG_6317.thumb.JPG.c3b44e68fdfb62b23183ddcf2596383f.JPG

I need to sort some plates out as my dealer fitted plates have their name in big font and in red which bugs me.

The plain pressed steel plates do look good.

Need to change these as soon as the weather improves.

V8 LLC.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SashaGrace said:

I've had gel resin and pressed metal and I am still coming down in favour of good old pressed metal. I have gel on the Citigo and pressed on the Octy and Benz. When I whack my plate on the Octy I'm torn between going for pressed again, or recycle the gel ones from my old Volvo.

IMG_5339.thumb.JPG.67a13ab96f9a7a63359021abbfd975ce.JPG

Or stick with what I know (this is the plate I have on the CLK).

IMG_6317.thumb.JPG.c3b44e68fdfb62b23183ddcf2596383f.JPG

My personal opinion is the metal look better on an older car. The gel on newer cars. Don’t know why & can’t give a specific reason but that my choice hahahhahahahaha 

• Like 1