DV /Wastegate/Spooling Noises 1.8t VRS

My VRS isn't my first petrol turbo car but it is my first from the VAG family. I apologise for the daft questions but I just want to check i'm not driving a lemon.

On acceleration I can hear the turbo spooling and building boost, then when I let off to change gear I can hear the recirc DV letting the excess boost go back into the system. The car has standard air box with a green cotton filter. 

Today I noticed I could hear waste gate flutter when I lifted off in second and third gear going up a hill.

Are these noises all normal? The DV is aftermarket but I can't see a name on it and i'm still checking for split hoses but only found one so far that I've repaired.

Thanks for your reply.

I think both could be an option. The DV seems to be a cheap ebay item fitted by a previous owner and i'm working my way through all the hoses. I'll whip the DV off and see if its serviceable or not and try and clean it up a bit.

If the DV that is on there looks questionable, Buy a standard OEM DV of the latest revision and fit that, they are perfectly reliable and can hold plenty of boost with no maintenance unlike some of the piston designs

10 hours ago, DannyBoy81 said:

Thanks for your reply.

I think both could be an option. The DV seems to be a cheap ebay item fitted by a previous owner and i'm working my way through all the hoses. I'll whip the DV off and see if its serviceable or not and try and clean it up a bit.

Post a picture of the DV.  If its a Forge splitter copy they can be adjusted and can cause chatter if tensioned too much.  Most DV's will split apart and service with a bit of grease.

Thanks for the replies guys.

Its certainly a recirculating valve and not a BOV. Does anyone have the part number for an OEM DV please?

Where is the best place to host pics these days? Can photobucket still be used, or do I not need a hosting site? 

I had the DV off today and found it was a bit sticky. I managed to screw the top off and have a look inside but nothing seemed wrong so put some silicone grease on the piston and reassembled it and its freed it up nicely. Not heard the waste gate flutter since.

Thanks for the replies everyone.