Has anybody successfully activated HBA?

drewellis

Hi all, would appreciate a bit of help if possible

I've been able to activate lots of useful features on my L&K with help from this forum so thank you to all who have contributed info to @Gizmo's VCDS thread (here)

However I've been trying for months now with no success to get HBA working :(

Has anyone been able to do it? If so is this correct (pasted from the main VCDS thread)? 

-----------------------------

Thanks to @Antera for the following:

Activating High beam assist

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

16 - Security Access - enter 31347

10 - Adaptations

Go to:

(2) Assistant light functions - Menu light assistant         

Change to Present

07 - Coding 

Byte 3, Bit 2 aanvinken

Controller A5 (Front / front view camera)

07 - Coding

Byte 21

Change to  High Beam Assist or change to "20"

post-71204-0-82216300-1464287508_thumb.p

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/368574-vcds-options-on-superb-iii/?p=4629235

According to @djduese you also need to change:

Controller 09 - Central Electronics

07 - Coding

Byte 2 Bit 0-2. Change to 03

Edited 22 June, 2016 by Gizmo68 
added info

2 hours ago, djduese said:

How old is your car and what is the problem. If you have controller A5, HBA is no problem.

If your car is MY 2017 or higher, coding in 09 is different

Hi djduese, my car is late 2015 build (16 plate) with A5 I think - it has the lane assist camera etc. 

The problem is that I've applied all the suggested changes but couldn't find 07 - Coding Byte 3

26 minutes ago, djduese said:

I don't know, why there is Byte 3 in this list. This is wrong @Gizmo.

You have to code Byte 2 Bits 0-2

Byte 3 Bit 2 is something else

So by this do you mean that Byte 2 bits 0,1 and 2 need to all be changed to say 03?S2

• 3 weeks later...
On 21/11/2017 at 08:17, drewellis said:

Okay thank you for that, I will try it again this week and report back. Much appreciated :)

Well, it's been a bit longer than a week but yesterday I successfully managed to activate HBA.

On my car, "Assistant light functions - Menu light assistant" was listed with Assistant light functions in English but Menu light assistant in German. 

As djduese said, "07 - Coding 

Byte 3, Bit 2 aanvinken" is not correct or necessary. You have to code Byte 2 Bits 0-2 (change to 03). Once all that is done, then you can do

"Controller A5 (Front / front view camera)

07 - Coding

Byte 21

Change to  High Beam Assist or change to 20"

If anyone's interested here's a video of how it works... Once activated, at speeds over 35mph high beam comes on when its completely dark (no street lights or cars) and goes off when a car approaches or you drive into town where there are lights. Also even if it's pitch black, if you go under 20mph high beam goes off, but accelerate back over 35 and it comes back on again. It's really good, very accurate indeed. I love it. 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_8BDf21PZsWwYSR9nh8ky87xkpgG3Ai5/view?usp=drivesdk

Thanks again @djduese for your advice :)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

Okay, is this all that now needs doing to activate HBA or is it a combination of the original 2016 instructions with the above changes, if so would be good to update the original for a full sequence of coding to prevent anyone making misakes:biggrin:

Edited by The Skud

8 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

May not be relevant but fyi I activated HBA on my MY17 using an app on my Obdeleven. No manual coding required. 

It's 100 credits though! And as others have pointed out - for one of the more in-depth mods, you don't know what other changes are being made... saying that, I did use the app to enable Driving School Mode just to see how the apps work!

Edited by mumphie