Skoda and model chrome emblems /wording to black?

HarleQuinn

Hey everyone, has anybody here changed the Skoda emblem and other emblem (Octavia/Fabia/etc) from its standard chrome finish to black? I am interested in doing this. Looking at youtube it seems by plasti dipping using a spray can is the way to go, just mask the car partially, spray the emblems and peel off from the car panel when dry leaving behind the emblem nicely sprayed black. However how durable is this? Would a pressure washer end up taking the plasti-dip off?

Its very durable to be honest. I did my chrome grill and rear fabia badge with this method about three years ago and to date the grill has two very small chips in it (probably caused from stones) and the rear badge is perfect still.. As for the worry of pressure washer, just go careful and don't get too close and you'll be fine.

• Thanks 1

Very easy indeed H. Just make sure your paint and outside temperature aren't too cool and you'll have no probs. Oh, one more thing. Make sure to throw some polythene or something similar over your glass and panels to avoid any over spray.

• Thanks 1

Thank you, gonna have a go at this soon for sure :)

*EDIT*

Just had a thought, I am looking at getting the front chrome grill surround wrapped in black vinyl and also the wing mirror covers. Would plastidip do the job and be durable enough on those parts?

Edited by HarleQuinn

9 hours ago, HarleQuinn said:

Thank you, gonna have a go at this soon for sure :)

*EDIT*

Just had a thought, I am looking at getting the front chrome grill surround wrapped in black vinyl and also the wing mirror covers. Would plastidip do the job and be durable enough on those parts?

Hi H. I'm more than happy with my grill but I've never known anyone do their wing mirrors. Maybe someone else on here has experience in doing them. Thoughts anyone ????