Comedy packaging 2017

mac11irl

So as we approach black friday and the festive season, online orders will be ramping up so, lets see the most ridiculous parcel deliveries.

I see to remember a thread like this previously, but i cant find it.. its from a couple of years ago and likely most photos are now dead dropbox links anyway..

Rules are simple - 

Show the as delivered box, and contents,

Then try and best display the scale of how unnecessary or badly executed the packing was carried out.

It doesn't have to be an oversized box, it can be a badly wrapped, awkward shaped item, where bits are hanging out etc too. 

Edited by mac11irl
Rules added. Have fun

First nomination goes to Smyths toys -

Leatherman shown for scale is a 4inch long "Fuse" model.

As delivered to my wifes school, the caretaker brought out the hand trolley to bring it to her car for her. He then picked it up and realised it weighed about 3kilos..

IMAG0957.thumb.jpg.7c7f3e4756a19bc9b891491b11fbe7cc.jpg

As packed...

IMAG0958.thumb.jpg.7d3d2e954697c1f60c6030bc60fddc2c.jpg

The contents removed, leatherman for scale again.

IMAG0959.thumb.jpg.221bd2ebfaac89f9e1a6fcd9f47ddb10.jpg

Actual space filled neatly in the box

IMG-20171122-WA0004.thumb.jpeg.75e1d21685852cf2b7f51c1001fd0c36.jpeg

Fully extended the box is 5ft 2inches tall...

IMG-20171122-WA0008.thumb.jpeg.fb08ebae381a101a89ad372d3c1aa8c5.jpeg

Congratulations Smyths on a stupendous effort in the world of unnecessary packing.

• Like 1

@Fin69 what i always hated about HP's boxing is them having misleading advertising for other products on the boxes. 

That one looks easily like it has 4 ink cartridges, and some photopaper and envelopes in it

• Like 1

No pics because this was about 2 weeks back, but Amazon for sending a single mass market format paperback in a 12" by 8" by 1" box. They even have a mailer specifically designed for sending this size of book in!

• Like 1

Amazon have now done an about face and now save packaging and just stick delivery labels on the product where possible, thus "spoiling Xmas" according to Daily Mail readers - especially the woman who expected Johnny's Scalextric to arrive in a plain brown box, but it didn't - and he saw it!

I expect "Adult Toys" still get a plain wrapper?

Edited by camelspyyder

4 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

Amazon have now done an about face and now save packaging and just stick delivery labels on the product where possible, thus "spoiling Xmas" according to Daily Mail readers - especially the woman who expected Johnny's Scalextric to arrive in a plain brown box, but it didn't - and he saw it!

Thats why we get deliveries like presents sent to work addresses. avoids those moments, leave the box in the car until after asleep then go get it.

10 minutes ago, mac11irl said:

Thats why we get deliveries like presents sent to work addresses. avoids those moments, leave the box in the car until after asleep then go get it.

Shame I worked 36 years for a firm where personal parcel deliveries were verboten, in case they later went BANG!

• Sad 1

Had a choice of 2 fuel filters on ECP so I asked them which one with reg and they assured me it was this one, it wasnt.... So I had to return it and the person on phone insisted I should use the original packaging, so I did! 

Edited by FUBAR
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, camelspyyder said:

Shame I worked 36 years for a firm where personal parcel deliveries were verboten, in case they later went BANG!

Never use one of the central London ones and let the posties deal with it?

@FUBAR those f'ing air bags ecp use are such a dose to get rid of! When my (damaged) radiator arrived from them, the box was x2 the size of the radiator box inside,and i swear it took me 15mins to slice, deflate and roll up the 200miles of air pocket bags in there :/

• Like 1
  • Haha 2