SD card won't work

AWP

For some reason the SD card won't read in my car with music files on it, the unit reads fine from the usb stick but not the sd card slot on the unit itself, it's fat 32 format and a 32 gb micro sdhc card plugged into a converter, does anyone have any tips as to what I am doing wrong or any help to get me up and running using the sd card?.

Thank you.

I've tried 3 different sd cards now and none of them have worked, even though obviously work on the pc to put music on, really don't know what else to try.

Micro SD cards in adaptors seem to be not as reliable as Full SD cards. Got a full SD card for my Swing radio, as the microSD kept disconnecting with car vibration. 

Maybe also try a soft reset on the radio ( hold in power/volume knob until radio re-starts ).

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/25/2017 at 14:56, Dithane said:

Micro SD cards in adaptors seem to be not as reliable as Full SD cards. Got a full SD card for my Swing radio, as the microSD kept disconnecting with car vibration. 

Maybe also try a soft reset on the radio ( hold in power/volume knob until radio re-starts ).

Tried different cards and the soft reset option but still no joy.

Maybe it's not according to the Rapid Swing manual I'm looking at online.

http://www.skoda-auto.com/en/mini-apps/owners-manuals/pages/rapid.aspx?requestOwnersManualOnlineVersion=en/Rapid_NH/11-2015/Infotainment/Swing/online&requestOwnersManualLanguage=en&requestOwnersManualEditionDate=11-2015#!pageId=00064

choices for format are:

FAT16 
VFAT 
FAT32 
exFAT

It also specifies Standard size for SD cards.

Edited by camelspyyder

• 3 months later...

I had this same problem - all of a sudden the SD card slot stopped working. I have tried literally everything to "eliminate the possibilities", as it seems the OP has, but without success.

I know that people always assume that it is user-error or user-ignorance, but sometimes things do just stop working. I have had to conclude that there is a fault with the SD card slot but whether it is a physical problem with the slot, a faulty chip, or a software issue, I have no idea.

I have considered getting a replacement CD/SD card unit (it's from a 2013 Octavia III which has a Bolero HU), but there is a significant chance it won't fix the problem so I am not risking the cost!

• 2 months later...

Hello all, so took my car in as it's still under warranty and they replaced the infotainment system as the slot was buggered as I had suspected all along.

• Like 1