Speed camera POIs in Columbus (a new guide)

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi Guys

New guy here trying to load Speed Camera POI's (how hard can it be 😏)

Great read, if a little confusing. Couple of problems. I'm a little bit stuffed at present as I can't even get the car to accept me as the Primary !

Once I have that sorted, I'd like to try and load the POI's via the connect hub. Failing that, direct via a USB C stick (21MY USB 'C')

Q: I have a USB C next to the wireless charging tray, ashtray back in the day, and a conventional USB port in the armrest. However, I can't find a guide that say which of these ports are No1 or No2 (primary/ secondary) or which feeds into the Columbus. Anybody know or doesn't it actually matter ?

Thanks in advance, great forum thread 

2 hours ago, mike21sport said:

Hi Guys

New guy here trying to load Speed Camera POI's (how hard can it be 😏)

Great read, if a little confusing. Couple of problems. I'm a little bit stuffed at present as I can't even get the car to accept me as the Primary !

Once I have that sorted, I'd like to try and load the POI's via the connect hub. Failing that, direct via a USB C stick (21MY USB 'C')

Q: I have a USB C next to the wireless charging tray, ashtray back in the day, and a conventional USB port in the armrest. However, I can't find a guide that say which of these ports are No1 or No2 (primary/ secondary) or which feeds into the Columbus. Anybody know or doesn't it actually matter ?

Not sure about the first part, but in my Superb mkIII, the usb-A in the centre pocket seems to connect phone to Columbus, but pluging same into a USB adapter in the cig lighter/ash tray in the rear Columbus does not recognise the device.

I always do my updates using the SD Card slots in the glove box. Both seem to work OK.

• Like 1

On 08/12/2021 at 00:45, cmp1951 said:

Not sure about the first part, but in my Superb mkIII, the usb-A in the centre pocket seems to connect phone to Columbus, but pluging same into a USB adapter in the cig lighter/ash tray in the rear Columbus does not recognise the device.

I always do my updates using the SD Card slots in the glove box. Both seem to work OK.

If you have the SD slots you have the older (and apparently better) infotainment system.

With the newer one (MIB3) I think only the USB-A in the central box and the USB-C in the front console are actual data ports. The one in the rear ashtray only has power for charging, but no data connection.

So, in addition to or instead of POI mapping, has anybody got a camera detector or speed camera warning device fitted

I had a Cheetah 550 in my old VW which was great, no longer made so looking to replace. I.E. Road Angel, well reviewed but pricy and with a subscription

Any suggestions ?

''Yes Officer, I always drive within the speed limit . . . . . . but S%&T happens''

• 1 year later...

Hi,

i have a skoda superb 2017.

I have a new maps downloaded by oficial site skoda.

but i want to upgrade the speedcams...whats the last software from EU and Portugal?

best regards and thanks

• 1 year later...

In my 2019 Superb I'm loading the POI database via an SD memory card slot in the passenger glovebox. Am I right in thinking that these disappeared with the 2020 refresh? How does one load the files in the newer model?

5 hours ago, WolfK said:

No meu Superb 2019, estou carregando o banco de dados de POI por meio de um slot para cartão de memória SD no porta-luvas do passageiro. Estou certo ao pensar que estes desapareceram com a atualização de 2020? Como carregar os arquivos no modelo mais recente?

Olá,

Lê para tras no topico, existe informação com isso.

Colocas no SD, porta 1, mas tem que ter a pen USB formatada em FAT32 e os ficheiros copiados para a raiz da pen usb.

Quando for ao menu do radio, faz CARREGAR POI e ficam logo no sistema.

Depois tem que os escolher...maximo 10( penso eu).

cpts