PD150 head bolt torque

floydboy1

Another torque settings question for the PD150 headbolts.

I'm in the process of putting a new headgasket on the VRS (fabia pd130 asz engine) and i've got my hands on some PD150 head bolts but they dont come with any torque guides.

I know the ones bought from darkside come with a PDF, would anyone be willing to share the pdf with me. I would be eternily grateful.

I do have a diesel guide book for most torque settings of most bolts on the car, but I am a bit confused as it shows the PD130 torque settings are 40nm, 60nm, 90 degrees, 90 degrees, but the PD150 is 40nm, 60nm, and only 1 x 90 degree turn. I'm assuming that as I am using the PD150 bolts I should stick to the 1 turn as the book suggest, but looking for any help with this to be extra safe. Thanks all

Why are you confused?

PD150 bolts are a higher grade of tensile steel and do not stretch as much as standard PD130 bolts, therefore you do not need to turn them as much to achieve the specified clamping force.

They cure head lift precisely because they are not as elastic.

On 11/24/2017 at 23:03, sepulchrave said:

Why are you confused?

PD150 bolts are a higher grade of tensile steel and do not stretch as much as standard PD130 bolts, therefore you do not need to turn them as much to achieve the specified clamping force.

They cure head lift precisely because they are not as elastic.

Im confused because after posting this same question on the Fabia facebook page, and emailing darkside directly to see if they will be willing to share the torque pdf with me, every answer I have got is 2 x 90 degree turns. So  if darkside are selling the bolts with the instruction to turn them 2 x90 degree turns, and as you said the bolts are high tensile, and dont have as much elasticity as a normal pd130 bolt, why are they still saying that it needs 2 x 90 degree turns?

2 hours ago, floydboy1 said:

Im confused because after posting this same question on the Fabia facebook page, and emailing darkside directly to see if they will be willing to share the torque pdf with me, every answer I have got is 2 x 90 degree turns. So  if darkside are selling the bolts with the instruction to turn them 2 x90 degree turns, and as you said the bolts are high tensile, and dont have as much elasticity as a normal pd130 bolt, why are they still saying that it needs 2 x 90 degree turns?

I don't understand why, but it's what everyone does and always has, I suspect they're increasing the clamping force because the bolts can handle it.