Noisy after revving up when in neutral

Thirl90

Hi I have a Monte carlo tech estate tsi its on a 63 plate and has around 30k on the clock I'm having a issue we're if it's in neutral and is revved up to say 3k rpm then you take foot off throttle the engine speed slows but as this happens there's a rattly noise that I would describe as a worn bearing type noise. Is this a common fault on tsi engines or nothing to worry about its quite an unhealthy noise and ain't noticed it before. Thanks in advance 

Welcome.

Do not rev it is neutral then, or is there a reason you do this?

Maybe get 5w 40 FS (VW502 00) oil in instead of 5W 30 FS LL (VW504 00)

Best have a mechanic listen to it and see if they can hear or identify anything wrong.

1 minute ago, AwaoffSki said:

Welcome.

Do not rev it is neutral then, or is there a reason you do this?

Maybe get 5w 40 FS (VW502 00) oil in instead of 5W 30 FS LL (VW504 00)

Best have a mechanic listen to it and see if they can hear or identify anything wrong.

Hi thanks for the reply it was in for a major service yesterday and the oil etc has been changed and it's still doing it and I was just revving it up the other day to get it to warm quicker with the weather been bad and windows been frozen etc that's when I noticed the noise 

Worst thing you can do to rev it with cold oil to get it warm.

If you need to defrost the car, start it, put on rear heated screen an mirrors, clear the glass and drive off taking it easy until oil is warm.

Especially if the car has Long Life oil in that can mean Short Engine Life. IMO.

Did you ask them to check it out for noises?

Has it just had a major service and the recommended long life oil used again, 5w 30 FS Long Life oil on the Invoice?

Now the car is 4 years old and had a Major Service did it get new spark plugs fitted even though it has done only 30,000 miles?

*As to Manufacturers Service Schedule / Guidelines, just not Main Dealers Major Servicing Practice sadly.*

Edited by AwaoffSki