Reflashing ECU back to original state

Roomster2011

Bought a 2011 Skoda Roomster CR 1.6 TDI and after it went into limp mode it was discovered that it's Diesel Particulate Filter had been (somewhat crudely) deleted. I've had the DPF replaced but have now been told (by Skoda) that, because whoever did the DPF delete had messed around with the ECU's software, it will need to be replaced and recoded by Skoda.

Am I correct in thinking that, contrary to what Skoda have said, the existing ECU can actually be reflashed? And if so, any recommendations for who could provide such a service?

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, SWBoy said:

Skoda manage to refresh the ECU when they do firmware updates...:thumbup:

However if Škoda have included the CR1.6 TDi in their dieselgate list of cars requiring an update (pretty sure they have) then it is best to be avoided.

@Roomster2011 welcome to Briskoda,

give someone like Shark Performance a call (they have dealers in Sidcup and Basildon)

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

However if Škoda have included the CR1.6 TDi in their dieselgate list of cars requiring an update (pretty sure they have) then it is best to be avoided.

100% agree - ALL dieselgate firmware updates should be avoided because of the significant number of owners seeing EGR problems which VAG are denying responsibility for causing.

54 minutes ago, Gizmo said:

@Roomster2011 welcome to Briskoda,

give someone like Shark Performance a call (they have dealers in Sidcup and Basildon)

Thanks for the welcome, Gizmo. And thanks to all for the info so far.

This Roomster does fall within the VAG emissions debacle. I have already requested not to have the firmware updated, due to the horror stories online from a large percentage of people who have gone ahead with it. And I'm guessing that Skoda wouldn't be willing to, or possibly wouldn't be able to restore the ECU to an older version of firmware.

I'll give Shark Performance a call to see what they say, thanks.

22 minutes ago, Roomster2011 said:

And I'm guessing that Skoda wouldn't be willing to, or possibly wouldn't be able to restore the ECU to an older version of firmware.

VAG, including Skoda, claim that once the dieselgate update has been done it cannot be reversed.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...