What annoyed you today?

Aspman

Just now, lancpudn said:

The last two times we were burgled they never came out to us, I rang 999 and got told to ring the non emergency number as it was a 'non emergency' where  I was offered a crime number for insurance purposes only.

That sucks. I live in the countryside, we have 2 PIR floodlights with cameras and memory cards to record data; movement at night turns on the light and starts recording (about £80 or so each I think). We also have a dog and I have a long pointy 'anti-intruder' deterrent! ;-)

We had a caravan stolen a few years ago, around £9k worth, the police never bothered about it apart from issuing a crime number for insurance purposes, never even had a home visit, although it wasn't kept at our address. The address it was kept at had a visit from the police the following day, a storage yard, we tried to meet up with them but they didn't turn up for hours so we couldn't get to talk to them.

Wind on to last year, my neighbour had a theft from his car, a few worthless items. He parks it on the street and didn't bother to lock it, they theives just opened the door and boot and helped themselves, no damage whatsoever. The police visited my house to ask questions about the theft, had I seen anyone suspicious knocking around at 2am in the morning (yeah right) and if I had any info they gave me a special contact number. They also visited other homes in the street asking the same questions.

So go figure that one, it really p***** me off about this as this will go on the stats no doubt about crime in our postcode area which will surely will impact on insurance prices.

First day back at work today after the Christmas break. The commute was ... annoying. I was stuck behind someone who refused to go above 40mph (most roads are 50mph or NSL) and then braked every time someone approached in the other direction (it was dark so they had their headlights on!!!).

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

2 hours ago, tweenster said:

First day back at work today after the Christmas break. The commute was ... annoying. I was stuck behind someone who refused to go above 40mph (most roads are 50mph or NSL) and then braked every time someone approached in the other direction (it was dark so they had their headlights on!!!).

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr...

Feel your pain...

Stuck for 7miles behind 2cars - 2artics - a van - and leading the procession...a tractor doing 35miles an hr with a probably overloaded trailer of silage bales. Several spots he couldve pulled but wouldnt..

• Like 1

So....

Context.. my office is in a badly converted old railway station hotel. Its got more holes than a collindar, so theres an annual mouse event.. we have had decent traps, but as usual the maintenance on them hasnt been kept up as the contract was retendered to another company who only deal with crappy bait boxes. Result - run in to christmas and theres a rising smell of dead mouse from under the floor boards...

de-f'ing-lightful.

Today - i decided to do a major clear out of my work desk and area, long over due.. 

After about an hr, i lifted a rolled up drawing that was standing up beside my desk - big 2ft tall and 15ft long yard layout plot covering 1/2 a mile,rolled up about 12i ch diameter to not fall over.. And i found 2 poor dead mice in it.

C.O.D. - Dehydration. They fell off the top of the socket ducting on the wall, where it gets narrow due to where i have my 1 personal item sitting, a photoblock of my boy from his first birthday, directly above the drawing.. 

The poor sods slipped off the pvc, and landed inside the middle of the drawing, from where they couldnt get out...no idea when they went in.

Either way, it was a mank job to go about cleaning up.. girls in the office had to leave while i dealt with the issue... and apologised, several times.

I waited on my side of the road at a partially flooded section, cars were coming in the opposite direction and I needed to negotiate the big pond that had formed, it was deep and wide. After the traffic had cleared I moved to the other side of the road hazards on and drove around the pond in the narrow strip of road that was clear.

Once clear I waved to the oncoming car that let me past and moved back over to my side only to to see in my rear view mirror the now impatient driver behind in his Citroen disappear in a cloud of steam stuck in the pond water likely gushing into his cabin footwells.

Just because I was in my lowered MX-5 I think this numpty behind thought I'll be ok I'm higher that him, wrong!

• Haha 3

People. Driving. Too. Bloody. Slow.

I've genuinely no issues with anyone who drives fast well. If you're in a hurry and want to make progress and you can do that without being an ass then fair play crack on I'll leave you a gap to get past.

I've never seen a car well driven slowly. Always lane hogging, never looking ahead, veering around playing with phones and stereos. Get out my kitten way!

Stay safe drive fast!

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hitting a pothole at 35mph and split the sidewall of my front passenger side tyre :angry:

Thought i got away with it, for a about 1/2 a mile, then could feel it pulling..

Changed it for the stupid space saver, and waddled homeward, rang my new tyre guy, he had a couple the right size in stock, but theyre only budget grade. Theyll do for now, i was planning on getting new fronts in about 6weeks anyway, getting close to the marks, but still, Its the inconvenience rather than cost.

Finding the tyre carcass from a  lorry blowout right in-front of me on a piece of unlit A road. New bumper, undertray, AC condenser etc needed :dull:

Edited by robt100
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, mac11irl said:

Makes my tyres seem like bogall.

At least no physical injuries robt100

The "best" bit is....the company are apparently disputing liability as they maintain the vehicle as per regulations. If they get that then I have to claim off my own......exactly 363 days after the last idiot drove into me! :dull::sweat: Looks like I'm selling my Ford Capri to fund next years insurance.

• Sad 1

For me it’s my ŠKODA dealer!

Twice the car has been in for work done and twice it’s come back damaged, letter of complaint has been sent and possibly going to get my finance company involved. 

Car is only four weeks old!

Davy

The old biddy who saw fit to wave her walking stick and shout at me :angry:

I was travelling along a country lane which is a national speed limit stretch of road, I was doing roughly 40 (due to this section being a bit twisty) when I saw 3 pedestrians walking in the road on my side, my view was perfect so I indicated and passed the pedestrians giving them at least 2 metres of space, this is when the old lady started aggressively wafting her stick and shouting at me to slow down, I can only assume that she was walking her imaginary horse and I startled it :blink:

On 2/25/2018 at 20:36, Harvey1978 said:

The old biddy who saw fit to wave her walking stick and shout at me :angry:

I was travelling along a country lane which is a national speed limit stretch of road, I was doing roughly 40 (due to this section being a bit twisty) when I saw 3 pedestrians walking in the road on my side, my view was perfect so I indicated and passed the pedestrians giving them at least 2 metres of space, this is when the old lady started aggressively wafting her stick and shouting at me to slow down, I can only assume that she was walking her imaginary horse and I startled it :blink:

Some older peoples 'spatial perception' deteriorates to the point where their judgement is impaired. Get that quite often when I safely overtake someone  and a 'senior' decides there is no room and pulls into the side of the road. Probably come to all of us in the end going to be a tough decision to stop driving.

Slow driving when it even starts drizzling with rain gets me, it's like lack of confidence in driving leading to anxiety.

I think I try to understand too much and some driving behaviours are just down to people being lazy and/ or being distracted by devices or just anything.

Edited by Guest

7 minutes ago, john2017 said:

Some older peoples 'spatial perception' deteriorates to the point where their judgement is impaired. Get that quite often when I safely overtake someone  and a 'senior' decides there is no room and pulls into the side of the road. Probably come to all of us in the end going to be a tough decision to stop driving.

Slow driving when it even starts drizzling with rain gets me, it's like lack of confidence in driving leading to anxiety.

I think I try to understand too much and some driving behaviours are just down to people being lazy and/ or being distracted by devices or just anything.

Swmbo's grandad is 94, and the gp keeps signing the form for his license renewal. Thankfully he isnt doing much of it these days, but its scary.

He thinks he is being safe by only driving at 40mph, everywhere, not realising he is more of a danger on roads that 100kph limit that most people travel at 110-120 on.

His car (a 1986 starlet) was stolen from the driveway about 6yrs ago, MIL was delighted - no more car! Then about 3 days later the gardai brought it back, found a guy asleep in it on a beach about 30miles away..

• Like 1

Rain panic, snow panic, darkness panic. An awful lot of people can't seem to cope in anything but nearly perfect driving conditions these days.

They don't want to take account of conditions and adapt their driving. The car, the road nay the universe MUST perform how they wish it to be or they won't be held responsible.

Saw two bumped car this morning on the same ungritted back road. Both had been going too fast and understeered on corners. I never even saw the tc light in mine with the fat summer tread.

Ok I did but I meant it.

two-types-people-shouldnt-drive-snow.jpg.175f17a12213d887964a20201fb16e3b.jpg

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...

Three things today.

1 - the women in an A4 convertible that smiled at me nicely as she drove down the wrong side of the road straight towards me as I tried to leave the recycling centre. I have to swerve onto the wrong side to avoid her, she never blinked, game of chicken lost.

2 - I locked an online baking account (my fault) and had to phone up to unlock, had to listen to a recorded message telling me to log in on line to view my account, despite being on a specific line for locked accounts.

3 - Still being ill. It's ****ing me off.

• Confused 1

Fuming!!

Some random parent of a child in my 9yr olds class decides that they are too lazy to walk the 100yds and wait with their child at the classroom door and instead instructs their offspring to 'walk to school with J5jnr'. WTF?

Acording to SWMBO this has happened before and the same is done with other parents.

As far as I can gather, aforementioned parent and child sit in car until someone that is in their class is seen walking to school, child is then dispatched as a 'kling-on' to walk the short distance to school. :mad:

Removed 2 tap sink and pedestal from bathroom to replace with vanity sink and mixer tap. Offer up vanity, not bad fit. Except... the old si k had been tiled in, and 1/2inch of the cut hole was showing under front of the vanity.

So, rummaged and found a spar tile! After 7yrs... phew!

Spent an hr breaking out the tile.. to make room for new one.

Measured it up, and scored it on my tile cutter to go arou d the pipe work. Wouldnt split. Tried again. Wouldnt split.

One more time.. bang. Tile breaks in 4.

Lots of swearing.

Go to shop where tiles were bought. Got as close a match as possible, wont be noticable under the unit. Buy 1 sample tile.

Measure up, cut, clean split. 

Turn to trim as its a bit wider than the tile its replacing. 

Score, wont split. 

Score, wont split.

Bang. 5 pieces of brand new tile. 

**** this!!!