Honest John rates the Skoda Rapid as the most reliable car in the UK

A nice piece of positive news to start the week. The Honest John car ratings have been published, and topping the reliability survey is....the Skoda Rapid!

https://www.honestjohn.co.uk/honest-john-satisfaction-index-2017/top-10-most-reliable-cars/

With a reliability score of 9.86/10, the site had this to say about our cars:

"The most reliable car in the 2017 Honest John Satisfaction Index is the Skoda Rapid. Exciting it may not be, but it comfortably took the top spot ahead of Mazda CX-3. Contributing to its excellent result are low repair costs and top notch build quality as rated by its owners. Together, it means the Rapid is a car you can depend on."

It goes some way to explaining why my extended warranty renewal quote this morning from VWFS was £75 less than last year. Suffice to say I bought it.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think not.

Nor the endemic groaning front left suspension, badly fitted tailgate, shockingly noisy OEM tyres, creaky door seals, endless rattles...

With what, a hundred or so respondents about the Rapid, if more than 1 owner had highlighted any major faults with the car it would have scored somewhat less than 98.6%.

That's absolute common sense, and there's clearly no place for it in today's clickbait-driven motor media :)

Hey, I could probably have derailed the survey on my own, with reports of my dodgy heating (which is being looked at tomorrow, along with service and MOT), the crap door seals that seem to be a Skoda-wide problem in terms of being useless at keeping moisture out of the car in winter, suspension groans and unexplained knocking noises and....the rattles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, camelspyyder said:

I think not.

Nor the endemic groaning front left suspension, badly fitted tailgate, shockingly noisy OEM tyres, creaky door seals, endless rattles...

With what, a hundred or so respondents about the Rapid, if more than 1 owner had highlighted any major faults with the car it would have scored somewhat less than 98.6%.

I forgot about the front-left-groan! Michelin Energy tyres are quieter than the Dunlop SP1 I've found, and they are rated for "Occasional Winter Use" as well (I have the basic 15" wheeled version of the car).

Overall though I'm pleased with the car, it's quieter and more comfortable overall than I expected for the money, and very easy for my wife to drive (easy steering, nice gearchange, light pedal action). Our tailgate fits well enough, and I haven't noticed much rattling (except the engine clatter!). Will be happy enough if its no different at double the mileage (currently 46k or so miles).

This is a good place for a survey i think.

How many Rapid owners / drivers contributed to the opinions that Honest John used the get the result that they have reached.?