VW Raceline R600 cild air system

• 1 month later...
53 minutes ago, madmax8899 said:

Did you finally take the plunge to do this? I ended up fitting the Forge Carbon fibre intake system instead.

No, I've opened up the air intake behind the grill, removed the snow guard section & fitted a Raceline filter. That R600 is just too expensive

34 minutes ago, Madmax889 said:

Did that make much of a difference? 

That’s what I fitted. Still expensive but as I’ve had diesels as company cars I said as soon as I get a petrol I’m doing this to it. Lol 

674C9C66-130E-4A88-8672-FB67E2724751.jpeg

Very difficult to feel the difference, when you're up at about 300bhp, 5 or 6bhp is pretty small & my tuningbox has had a software revision.

Need to get back on a rolling road really

• 1 month later...

I've got one sat waiting to be fitted (The full £700 kit) - bought some parts used though!!)

I've been in @Ant-Vrs 's with it fitted and don't think it was a problem at all - You get the noise for sure but it's not THAT loud to be anywhere near annoying or drowning.