Octavia MK2 FL Estate - wheel upgrade

MAW

Is it me or is there a real lack of useful wheel upgrade details for Skoda's i.e Octavia's? Or, am I not looking in the right places?

Having owned my VRS Estate for about week I'm liking it but those skinny tyres really do annoy me!!! I have been looking into bigger wheels and tyres and from what I have ascertained I can run a square set up of 18 x 8.5J with an ET of 45mm but, what size tyres can I run? There's quite a bit of info / pictures of people running 19'' or 20'' rims but no tyre sizes are quoted ( helpful - NOT ).

I'm looking at the following options:

Fronts - either stick with the 225/40's or up the size to 235 or 245

Rears - I really want to run 265/35's but I gather that maybe pushing it a tad to much and may have clearance issues!? So, would I get away with 255's? or will I have to drop down to 245's?

Hopefully over the next few days I will be getting my H&R springs fitted to help reduce that 4x4,  I then want to finish it of with the wheel and tyre upgrade.

Any info/specs and pictures would be very much appreciated. I ordered the rims today :-)    and would like to make my tyre choice ideally by the end of the week.