Pure Highway 600 fusebox connection

Just had a Pure Highway 600 fitted (by Halfords): they connected it via a piggy back fuse but seem to have done so to one that's switched on with the ignition. Makes listening when parked a bit of a pain, and also makes a very audible thump when turning off.

I understand it's not possible without excessive degrees of cleverness to have it come on with the radio (CAN bus and all that), but is it sensible to piggyback it on an always-on fuse (say, the radio) instead? If so, which?

• 4 weeks later...

Did you ever resolve this?

only problem that I can see with connecting your piggyback to a permanent live is the risk of flattening the battery.

Did Halfords connect the unit via your Aux input rather than relying on the fm transmitter?

• 5 weeks later...
On 30/12/2017 at 22:25, Immelmann said:

Did you ever resolve this?

only problem that I can see with connecting your piggyback to a permanent live is the risk of flattening the battery.

Did Halfords connect the unit via your Aux input rather than relying on the fm transmitter?

Yes they did.

I'm dropping it back to them next week anyway, as the mic appears not to work on the hands free kit.

If you drop one in your cart at Halfords webstore, and go to check out, you get the option to add installation for 'from £30', which memory says now I think about it is what I paid.

• Thanks 1