Totally unscientific winter tyre test

aka_pseudonym

There are Yeti Wheels / Tyres in the For Sales from Members that know their Yeti's.  

http://lecht.co.uk 

That is the A939 Lecht,  the famous Cockbridge to Tomintoul Road, Snow Gates closed 3 days last week.

Grouse Moor burning.

Cairngorm Reindeer Herd. 

Cairn o Mount%2c Cockbridge%2c Lecht%2c Nairn march 12 400.JPG

Cairn o Mount%2c Cockbridge%2c Lecht%2c Nairn march 12 397.JPG

Edited by AwaoffSki

2 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

I like my TIGAR Tyres from Serbia from the factory Michelin own.

A Serbian member read a post i made in this section and said they are rubbish. I find they work well in the UK.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tigar_Tyres 

They have ones that are Summers / All Seasons with M&S marking or the Snow Tyres with 3 peak markings.

(From ATS Euromaster for Much Cheapness.)

With different prices for Tigar, Taurus and Riken I've often wondered if the compound varies for the same patterns.  Kleber and Kormoran don't seem to use the same patterns. I used to buy them for a good company selling cheap products. ;)  Some Frenchmen suggested they didn't need a rural head office "among the lambs" so they didn't stay that good, losing focus and I made the mistake of working for a cheap company selling good products.

• Like 1

I fitted 4 Tigar Winters on my S60 and kept them on all year. 

225/45 R 17 £72 each and that was fitted and balanced so i never did it myself.

Certainly not ditch finders in winter, great in the rain and OK when i did use the car when warmer.

compare 225%2c45R17..215%2c40R17..205%2c40R17 026 (1).JPG

• 1 month later...
On 10/12/2017 at 19:01, aka_pseudonym said:

So in this pic of Ogier and his Michelins in Sweden 2017 they've got it totally wrong then?

Image result for wrc sweden

This picture does not show a rally car on winter tyres but on spike tyres. With spikes you don't needs the snow-to-snow for traction.

M&S is not a approved trade mark for a certain tyre specification. Any manufacturer could and has used this with huge differences in quality. So the three peaks were introduced for winter tyre spec. If you drive in Austria and winter tyres are required you get fined for using M&S as winter tyres. They also regard even proper winter tyres with less than 4 mm tread as summer tyres 

Edited by 26DIPP

Well what i shud say...
This link give a litell pit moore information about  ranked winter tyres...
Remember those ranked test tyres are "just a mid european winter tyres" which are desingned mid european  areas. It means "high speed high ways etc"
So nordic winter tyres are different and so better work snow and icey roads and i mean even those models which are NOT studdet.

Like this tyres Nokian WR D3  it is made and desing to mid european area.   And   this NEW Nokian R3 which is coming to sale later 2018 is pure "nordic" winter tyre and is totaly different than WR D3.

http://www.laneks.lv/en/tests/read/AB-2015-win1.html

And link below is ranked "nordic" models

http://www.laneks.lv/en/tests/read/TM-2016-win2.html

Edited by Fobba