Superb Xenon Issue

My car has been in the garage today.

'Luckily' the lights failed to level while it was there and they have told me that it's having a software update applied.

I'm picking it up in the morning, hopefully the software update will sort the problem with the lights.

15 hours ago, IJWS15 said:

Car just been brought back from first service (Autosales Cannock).

Job sheet states "Checked and found customer concern to be correct, found technical information recall 94K1 referencing customer concern.  Carried out 94K1 recall.  Car now all ok"

We will see . . . 

So if your dealer can't find the fault refer them to 94K1.

Watched carefully this morning and the pattern of movement was different, they go side to side as well as up and down now.

5 hours ago, IJWS15 said:

Watched carefully this morning and the pattern of movement was different, they go side to side as well as up and down now.

Is this the first time your lights have done this, or just the first time you noticed it? The reason I ask is that mine have done the side to side thing since I got it (June 17 car bought by me a month ago) and so far I've not had a problem with the lights. If the update changes the "dance" routine it would be a good visual clue that it has indeed been done.

5 hours ago, IJWS15 said:

Yeh, i'm pretty sure mine have always done this also... Oct 2017 build and I still have the issue 

I'm pretty sure from memory that before mine were fixed, the lights would run their routine whenever the first stage ignition was pressed. Hence, if you let it get that bit further through it before starting the engine there was never an issue but if the engine fired part way through they'd get stuck - this usually only happened when the car was cold and the engine fired that second later than when warm.

Now, I'm almost certain (I'll need to double check) that a first press of the ignition doesn't initiate the routine. Only after the engine has started does the entire routine happen. They used to do a small amount of left right but now it's a very definite left right.

Edited by Legfitter

VAG technician who scanned my car this morning said there was a service campaign 'live' at the moment related to headlights, and mine was eligible. I've never had the problem, but I'm told the software update will be applied whilst it's at the dealers.

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 16:17, IJWS15 said:

Car just been brought back from first service (Autosales Cannock).

Job sheet states "Checked and found customer concern to be correct, found technical information recall 94K1 referencing customer concern.  Carried out 94K1 recall.  Car now all ok"

We will see . . . 

So if your dealer can't find the fault refer them to 94K1.

My car came back with a job sheet saying that the dealers had  'carried out 94K1, headlight adjusting campaign', it also says 'carried out 91R2, OCU2 control unit SW update campaign'.

I haven't had to drive in the dark today, so I'll find out if the update has sorted the problems with my lights tomorrow.

18 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Is this the first time your lights have done this, or just the first time you noticed it? The reason I ask is that mine have done the side to side thing since I got it (June 17 car bought by me a month ago) and so far I've not had a problem with the lights. If the update changes the "dance" routine it would be a good visual clue that it has indeed been done.

First time they have done it.

What they used to do will be on the video linked in a post higher up the thread - will have to save a video of the new dance routine!

Have been watching them for the last 2 months in case they don't come back up.  My daily commute is in the dark at the moment, never really drove it in the dark until November or watched them until December.  Mine is an April 17 registration.

Edited by IJWS15

Looking elsewhere, 91R2 is something to do with making the functionality of the Connect Services more reliable. It's something to do with the new three buttons near the sunglasses holder.

3 hours ago, Legfitter said:

Looking elsewhere, 91R2 is something to do with making the functionality of the Connect Services more reliable. It's something to do with the new three buttons near the sunglasses holder.

The updates seem to have sorted my headlights out. They do the up and down and side to side routine, then come back up and seem much better in general.

My Skoda Connect services and the Skoda Connect app and Skoda One App are now kicking me out and any attempt to log back in results in a message telling me my log in details are invalid...  Any ideas?

My car's been nowhere near the dealer. The app for me says the login is invalid. The web page has the login button greyed out - they must be updating/changing something.

I have Google remember my username and password. However, the web page always greys out login for me until I click in one of the boxes. Once I do that it's ok. I can confirm the webpage is working fine for me. 

Website okay for me too But the app initially says invalid login and then open a web page and logs you into that.

Now they updated the app fairly recently - wonder if it's related to that?

While we're on a change of subject, is everyone aware that there are two clever boot dividers hidden inside the left hand cubby hole in the boot. I don't know if this is with all specs but they unclip off the inside of the flap and then you fold them to 90 degrees and velcro them to the boot floor to partition it off. I'd seen them on a video review and just assumed they hadn't come with my car but I noticed them when looking at the subwoofer last week. :thumbup:

Screenshot_20180207-213736.jpg

Edited by Legfitter
  • Thanks 1

Yes I found them when looking for the nets. I was hoping I had the one that goes under the parcel shelf. I put the dividers back.

Mine has them and is an SE L Executive. I wonder if they all have these - they're only cheap after all.

9 hours ago, rtj70 said:

Yes I found them when looking for the nets. I was hoping I had the one that goes under the parcel shelf. I put the dividers back.

Mine has them and is an SE L Executive. I wonder if they all have these - they're only cheap after all.

My Sportline has them... quite useful!

• 3 weeks later...

Thought I'd bring this one back up as the car went into the dealer today for first service. It's a June 2017 L&K. The service receptionist told me there was a "recall" (her words not mine - I guess she meant Service Bulletin or whatever Skoda call them) for a software update to my headlights. I've never once had the problem discussed on this thread and assumed mine must already have had the update, but it seems that if your car is June 2017 or before (and of course potentially even newer) it still needs the update. Worth remembering if you are having a service and the dealer doesn't spot it.

The receptionist didn't know which update it is or even what it is supposed to achieve. Will try to grab a tech when I pick it up and will update if there is any further info.

30 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

The receptionist didn't know which update it is or even what it is supposed to achieve.

It is not uncommon for reception staff to be trained, by default, not to tell customers the technical details or bulletin reference numbers. I guess it avoids the embarrassment of not being able to understand or explain the technical aspects.

However, if you insist on seeing a copy then it can easily be displayed on their systems for you to see. No need for a tech but maybe approval from the Service Manager. Stupid lack of transparency that is endemic in the UK motor sector.

Ok so I just picked up the car after its first oil service. Like IJWS15 and Fatso, it was the 94k1 "recall" software update. I specifically asked which update had been done, and to be fair to the dealer, it was actually listed on the invoice before I arrived so should also be part of the electronic service record.