Sasha’s Octavia vRS

Some more goodies have arrived today :) I found a listing on eBay from a guy who had his Superb serviced at Skoda and was given some complimentary stuff he didn’t want. £27.50 exchanged bank accounts and in exchange I have bagged myself a Skoda umbrella, screenwash, valve caps, an ice scraper and a key ring. I paid £16 for the valve caps alone for the Citigo, so I’m pretty pleaesed with all that. Slight shame I couldn’t get the small umbrella that I’ve fitted in the Citigo but this big one can just live in the boot. Also in this image is the chrome key ends; I thought I had a T6 Torx, turns out I don’t, only have a T7, so I’ll borrow one over the weekend to fit those :D

7F4848B5-4C18-43B9-817A-DF385E093E6C.thumb.jpeg.15c662bbf5e11aa7f0eb0263885dc567.jpeg

Also gave it a quick vacuum and intstalled the new mats 

044B3172-3A0C-484C-9048-0FB64A95306A.thumb.jpeg.ef972c68ddd73b6735a1a94718325065.jpeg

I do really prefer carpet, rubber is a bit agricultural but they suit my needs better and they don’t wear like carpet mats do.

Really starting to a feel for the car now I’ve done nearly 1000 miles it! Is already powering through 76k!

Edited by SashaGrace
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My new tiny Torx screws have finally arrived and although I’ve been battling an almighty migraine the last few days, I have recovered somewhat lately and enough to change the key ends. Such a simple job, undo one T6 screw and slide the old plastic end off; replace with new metal end. What a difference!

6AFAB053-F925-48E6-ACED-5D84C8F42946.thumb.jpeg.52fad16905a46b83d4fae0bf27c943f7.jpeg

2893122C-82E7-48DA-9261-D8F4D21FA6FA.thumb.jpeg.d908ae6d81ca7e0785b142a7a5642f86.jpeg

Sorry for the light, auto edit in photoshop mobile after doing the work in about as much light as my poor eyes could take it was the order of this fix, but you get the gist. Should have been this way from day 1! £8 well spent IMO :D

• Like 1

Where did the chrome end caps come from - they look lush :biggrin:?

I'm so with you on the rubber mat front - must easier to keep clean in the winter - carpet mats for summer (so a couple of months) for me and rubber in the winter.

• Like 1

Thanks :) I got mine from a guy on eBay. They were £8 for 2. I’m not sure if he has any left though. If you search VW chrome key tops you will find him, from Chester :D 

I’m not willing to spend any more than a few ££ for carpet mats for summer use, they are too thin and I have 3 immaculate ones which is annoying! I have 2 sets for the Citigo and I put the carpet ones in for 3 weeks and the wear became very apparent, so rubber it is!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Thanks :) I got mine from a guy on eBay. They were £8 for 2. I’m not sure if he has any left though. If you search VW chrome key tops you will find him, from Chester :D 

I’m not willing to spend any more than a few ££ for carpet mats for summer use, they are too thin and I have 3 immaculate ones which is annoying! I have 2 sets for the Citigo and I put the carpet ones in for 3 weeks and the wear became very apparent, so rubber it is!

Brilliant - thanks Sasha - just ordered a pair from the same vendor.

• Like 1

Much to our convenience I discovered that both my May17 vRS and my Mrs's Nov17 Mini Cooper S  are both compatible with our Flac music collection on our Home NAS box, makes it really easy to load up our tunes in both cars.

I'm still ripping our music collection - I recon we have about 500 CDs in our joint collection :biggrin:

• Like 1

I used my Lane Assist camera to enable Sign detection, but not got as far as HBA (although I do get an odd warning about it being disabled a few minutes after the car starts (not sure why).

My DSG ('14 plate) every now and then flashing up a warning (when it is in D) saying "workshop error, P only to be used when stationary" or something like that.  Seems to be much worse in the cold.  I tried to get several dealers to look at it, but they were all useless and then the warranty ran out.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mbames said:

I used my Lane Assist camera to enable Sign detection, but not got as far as HBA (although I do get an odd warning about it being disabled a few minutes after the car starts (not sure why).

My DSG ('14 plate) every now and then flashing up a warning (when it is in D) saying "workshop error, P only to be used when stationary" or something like that.  Seems to be much worse in the cold.  I tried to get several dealers to look at it, but they were all useless and then the warranty ran out.

See here.

See my post on 26th July. 

If you have flagged the error to a dealer when within warranty, they should cover it now. 

Good luck! 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, dunc69 said:

If you have flagged the error to a dealer when within warranty, they should cover it now. 

I'd explain the fault over the phone, and then they'd never phone me back. Raised it with SUK who then proceeded to fob me off back off to a dealer in Salisbury who then said they would charge to look at the car.  I gave up at that point.

• Like 1

On 12 December 2017 at 09:02, SashaGrace said:

..... Quick blast over with my hairdryer and the leather will be like new again, so don’t worry about the baggy seat, it’s not as bad as it looks in the pic, and it’s an easy fix :) 

What a good tip. Are your seats heated? Mine are in good nick but I suspect the recent use of the heated seat has exacerbated a small dent, which was there from new on collection 3 years ago , probably done by the well-intentioned valeter who was kneeling on the seat as I went to collect it. The dent recently became a 2-3 inch long indent, identical to yours. I wonder if it's over a heated seat element. Spent 5 minutes with a hairdryer and a damp sponge and some leather food.  Almost removed the dent so rather pleased. Forgive poor quality snaps. Thanks. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1

My silicone key covers have arrived!! I had a red one on the Citigo to match the red centre console. Sadly my other half was not home with it to take a pic of that one with my new ones, but you get the idea. I do love these because I love bright colours so I’m really happy. The grey one is the main key as it matches the car.

41F06AE2-1897-444E-839D-56F479392CD4.thumb.jpeg.d110df3bacb87a57a111a6f97df1457e.jpeg

Close up

2C27DDD0-2A9A-4CBA-A077-6342ED4F18EF.thumb.jpeg.3b32eb6235144dfb160d34710fb24a05.jpeg

2FC07562-F71C-42F1-953D-02F5EF47D65B.thumb.jpeg.e8542e9522bd9f420c6a5ccaa05c94b9.jpeg

And with my Mercedes keys

39CAF812-BFB6-4A75-9089-C36593D82045.thumb.jpeg.a79db753a22238018a6c2a7d61e93eb7.jpeg

Much better!!! It’s not an addiction, I swear. I just like pretty colours :D

• Like 2

On 18/12/2017 at 14:43, mbames said:

I'd explain the fault over the phone, and then they'd never phone me back. Raised it with SUK who then proceeded to fob me off back off to a dealer in Salisbury who then said they would charge to look at the car.  I gave up at that point.

But the car is still under warranty? There is no charge, a scare tactic designed to put you off, sounds like they succeeded.

On 17/12/2017 at 19:19, SashaGrace said:

My new tiny Torx screws have finally arrived and although I’ve been battling an almighty migraine the last few days, I have recovered somewhat lately and enough to change the key ends. Such a simple job, undo one T6 screw and slide the old plastic end off; replace with new metal end. What a difference!

6AFAB053-F925-48E6-ACED-5D84C8F42946.thumb.jpeg.52fad16905a46b83d4fae0bf27c943f7.jpeg

Sorry for the light, auto edit in photoshop mobile after doing the work in about as much light as my poor eyes could take it was the order of this fix, but you get the gist. Should have been this way from day 1! £8 well spent IMO :D

Why fanny about with key ends when you can go the full bling. :biggrin:

20171221_221012.jpg

20171221_221022.jpg

• Like 1

Dat shiiiiny :) In all honesty, a key cover like that was on my list but I wanted one that covered the buttons as they wear so quickly. The Citigo has had the red cover on from new and the key is immaculate, my brother has a 14 plate Fabia and in 8 months the key that was like new is just as worn as the well used spare. Mine has a tidy key and an untidy one but you can’t tell which is which now ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to nip over to my Dad’s today and get proper pics of the pair together for the first time. The little Citigo is still clean after it’s visit to Skoda for the first service (I made sure it went in clean and that they didn’t wash it!) and the big Octy is still filthy :(

808367EC-EEBB-4BBD-B524-4AB528C45CDE.thumb.jpeg.1ca9cacfbee7ff35391c80535f854dc1.jpeg

7B0887D8-E2E7-4D3F-A022-9BFE7AB8D264.thumb.jpeg.229b13af1c3354a84d37b961341598e2.jpeg

Still love the little Citigo but the Octy is so much more grown up.

• Like 1

I'm just about to order my own vRS estate and hadn't really considered the Black Pack until you mentioned it. Having tried it out on the configurator, I see what you mean, it really finishes off the look and for quite a reasonable price.

• Like 1