Full Throttle - pedal 'feel'

Hi,

As the weather drys out here in New Zealand I've been using full throttle more frequently and notice the pedal 'feel' is awful. There are obviously some indents/switches for the cruise control/gearbox as you approach full throttle but these points are sticky/restrictive and make it harder to modulate the throttle. Throttle movement and feel is fine up to this point.

Does anyone else notice this? I wonder if My throttle cable or anything else needs lubricating...

Thanks

Matt

You don't have a throttle cable.  The pedal is entirely electronic and has two position sensors (basically potentiometers) that feed back to the ECU.  The notch you're talking about is to simulate the 'kick down' switch in a traditional slushbox auto.

Have a look at page 22 of the attached document.  That particular content is actually referring to the previous generation chassis but it hasn't changed that much since then.

It's possible to change the linearity of the pedal.  There are a few ways:

1) A performance ECU map, which changes how the ECU interprets the signals from the pedal position sensor

2) A pedal signal modification box in between the pedal position sensors and the ECU.  This could be a simple linear circuit (i.e. a resistor H bridge) or something more complicated and microprocessor controlled.

VW_Haldex_AWD_SelfStudyGuide.pdf

• Like 1

13 hours ago, DEL80Y said:

I am sure that I read on this forum someone else having the same problem and changed the pedal and it sorted it.:D

Or you could wire one of these in place

c8433-scalextric-arc-one-powerbase-controller-1_1.jpg

Great idea! I am now considering one of these for when my wife is driving.... like yours but wireless and with steering and brake

pistol grip transmitter.jpg

• Haha 2

Why not just change the front seat.... according to the Superb Mk II manual, seat settings can be paired to specific keys when you have electric seats!

I have electric seats in the back- well, heated ones anyways - wonder if I could mod this for children. As they say, I love children but I could never, ever, eat a whole one. But if it was cooked....

echair0000.jpg77a90a8d-a8b6-4bc0-b1c0-ba

• Haha 2

On 12/15/2017 at 11:57, TheRobinK said:

Why not just change the front seat.... according to the Superb Mk II manual, seat settings can be paired to specific keys when you have electric seats!

I have electric seats in the back- well, heated ones anyways - wonder if I could mod this for children. As they say, I love children but I could never, ever, eat a whole one. But if it was cooked....

echair0000.jpg77a90a8d-a8b6-4bc0-b1c0-ba

Another brilliant idea. We have the heated seats in the rear too, so maybe its a simple case of increasing the current until either the kids behave or flambe...

As good as my wife's driving is.... better than average to be honest... I do find it much more relaxing to close my eyes when she is at the wheel.

• Haha 1