Evidence of a DSG Service? (2009 Octavia 2.0 TDI)

Fatboy40

I'm about to move onto my third used Octavia, if I can find the right one, and I'm seriously considering a DSG this time around.

I've found a 2009 Octavia 2.0 TDI with a DSG, with 58k on the clock, so I've given the used dealer a call which really wasn't very positive. First he sounded like a right geezer, and when I asked about evidence for a timing belt change and DSG service he didn't confirm anything and just waffled on about what service stamps it has.

I'm OK with timing belt change intervals (he said himself that there was no age limit for it, this is b.s. right?), however is there a specific box in the service book to be ticked when a DSG service is complete? (the dealer said there wasn't).

Thanks.

Even if there is a tick that makes no difference many people have various colour pens.

An Invoice is what you want, a bill etc that looks genuine. 

Or a Skoda Computer system record if Servicing was done at main dealerships.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

Or ask at a Main Dealership Service Desk for the Servicing Record if their is any on the system.

1 hour ago, AwaoffSki said:

Even if there is a tick that makes no difference many people have various colour pens.

I know, I'm being a bit naive, you're taking everything at trust. 

1 hour ago, AwaoffSki said:

An Invoice is what you want, a bill etc that looks genuine. 

I get the feeling that there will be zero chance of this. The car smacks of an unwanted part-ex that went off to auction, maybe due to missing something like DSG service proof, however it looks in such good condition (in a photo you can see the boot cargo net still in an unopened bag, it looks pristine for its age) that I think I have to take a look at it just in case.

Does anyone know if the oil filter for the DSG is in a place where I could easily see it to see any sort of date stamp on it?

Just factor in having the DSG Service, £175 max or less at an Independent or DIY.

Factor in the other Service staff that you need for piece of mind.

Then if not needed you are quids in.

Ask to see the service book, make a note of who stamped the book then give them a call and ask them to confirm the work they carried out.

I've done this in past and Sparshatt's Skoda were very helpful in identifying Dennis Horton Skoda as a bunch of twunts. 

• 1 month later...

No tick box ring Skoda see if it has been done in the network. 

If after long term ownership i would change it anyway. Along with a full service.

Should have had a couple of belt changes by now. Also dont forget the water pump.