Rapid VCDS Codes

Hi

Does anyone have a list on what possible? I just bought an '13 Rapid 1,2TSI 77kW, and to my surprise the Rapid part of this forum does not have a list of codes(yet). Does anyone know if it's possible to open and close the windows with the key? 

Not possible I'm afraid (to open and close the windows with the key) as the car is missing the requisite hardware.

From memory on my previous 2013 Rapid (and using Carista) I was able to switch on needle sweep on ignition on, alter door unlocking (all rather than driver's door) and enable tear wipe for windscreen wipers. It was also possible to switch on/off beep on locking/unlocking.

This post related to my 2014 Spaceback: https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/393584-the-rapid-is-going/?do=findComment&comment=4573028

Edited by pinkpanther

2 hours ago, pinkpanther said:

I checked the thread you linked to and I saw a couple of references to changing the steering weight and I wanted to ask - does that mean that one can stiffen the steering over x kph? I'm asking, because my dad asked me to check what may be causing his MY16 Rapid to feel "loose" at highway speeds (110+ kph) almost like the wheel alignment is off (which's already been ruled out as a problem) ?

You can go into the system and alter from the Factory Setting, and Dealers do not set back to Factory Settings when cars are traded in or bought at auction where maybe a Motability Lease Vehicle.

There is more 'Steering Assist' available and less, and more 'Brake Assist',  so maybe check that.

On a Fabia i set less Assist when Winter or Wet weather tyres were fitted, and also when Summer Tyres were fitted and i was using the car.

Other threads on Briskoda are availble with a search or use google etc

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/236545-power-steering-adjustment 

Roomster menu / codes might well be different from vRS ones here of which there are 2 code types, 

but Fabia / Roomster do have Disability or Infirm assistance settings or what ever the translation is.

Result the same, more or less assistance, or Factory Setting. 

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

You can go into the system and alter from the Factory Setting, and Dealers do not set back to Factory Settings when cars are traded in or bought at auction where maybe a Motability Lease Vehicle.

There is more 'Steering Assist' available and less, and more 'Brake Assist',  so maybe check that.

On a Fabia i set less Assist when Winter or Wet weather tyres were fitted, and also when Summer Tyres were fitted and i was using the car.

Other threads on Briskoda are availble with a search or use google etc

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/236545-power-steering-adjustment 

Roomster menu / codes might well be different from vRS ones here of which there are 2 code types, 

but Fabia / Roomster do have Disability or Infirm assistance settings or what ever the translation is.

Result the same, more or less assistance, or Factory Setting. 

Thanks for the response -but as the car was bought new (4km on the clock) the settings ought to be bone-stock (to go with the no frills whatso-bloody-ever car itself) and there's no such thing as adjustable driver's assist in his MY16/05, which is why I asked pinkpanther about the VCDS option mentioned in passing in the thread he helpfully linked to. Honestly, at this point I'm getting closer and closer to just grabbing a VCDS kit for my dad to let him tweak (or likelier - brick) his car, because it's getting a tad annoying to have me look for answers for his questions (it's not like I didn't shoot him a link to briskoda with the suggestion that he can annoy...I mean ask people here directly XD )

Edited by wolf89
  • Like 1

Never take for granted that the Factory setting is 'standard', it is not unknown for vehicles setting to get a bit Pete Tong when a 'Tech' changes the Transit Settings, 

or activates something at a PDI, even though they should not be near Steering or Brake Assist.

Then if you buy a vehicle In Stock. there can be Cancelled orders that someone was maybe going to have hand controls or adaptions on that then is being sold.

As to your Dads Rapid, i take it that he has experimented with tyre pressures down, and also had the alignment checked.

& could it just be the tyres it has

?

What tyres does it have on?

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

Never take for granted that the Factory setting is 'standard', it is not unknown for vehicles setting to get a bit Pete Tong when a 'Tech' changes the Transit Settings, 

or activates something at a PDI, even though they should not be near Steering or Brake Assist.

Then if you buy a vehicle In Stock. there can be Cancelled orders that someone was maybe going to have hand controls or adaptions on that then is being sold.

As to your Dads Rapid, i take it that he has experimented with tyre pressures down, and also had the alignment checked.

& could it just be the tyres it has

?

What tyres does it have on?

Yeah, he checked the alignment earlier this week and the car allegedly passed with flying colours. The tyres are Nokian WR3, 185/60R15 on the stock alloys at 2.4 Front/2.5bar Rear(though the car exhibits the same behaviour with the summer Hankook OEM's it came with as well). I'm pretty sure the car was by design one of the one-trim-sorta-fits-all (though at 12.5k€ he can't exactly complain) that Skoda BG sold off  last year to make room for the refreshed MY17's, but I've passed along the suggestion to reset. At least there's a silver lining to all this - it's way better than dealing with the temperamental carburettor of his old car and WAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than my father in-law's ****el

Edit: Hah, the site's auto-censor rightly redacted the RX7's engine type...

Edited by wolf89
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...

Hi. Does anyone know of Security Code for Steering Assist 44. Indicator light on and booster does not work.

VCDS writes error 6351360 code

It doesn't take me to unblock the standard security 17580, 19249, 28183, 44595

It's the Rapid Spaceback 9/2018, it was crashed, the airbags were replaced, the errors were reset.

But what I have learned about other foraches is a blockage after burack, but I can't get into erasing the bug or adaptation.

Well thank you

• 3 years later...

I hope this will help.

I presume that  the problem is on the right side. It looks like a brake light in on with parking/position lights ?

If so you need to go to 09 contral electric / adaptation / 

Leuchte21BR (left brake light)  and compare chanales (light functions)  with   Leuchte20 ( right brake light) . probably somewhere is activated to be position or park light.

Edited by wildserb
  • Love it! 1

Thank you

but pq25 didn’t have channel, there a difference from hi platform mqb or pq26, or pq26 is same mqb. Anyway there another bcm on my board and i can make adaptation with way  you explains