230ish BHP Fabia

JaamesVRS

13 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

Dudes running a track-day spec. 106, moar powah and gutted to save weight.

Personally I think he should shoot for 180 BHP on ITB's, 130 BHP is horribly close to standard.

That is future plans. The entire car is track ready spec as you say, the engine was fully rebuilt this year due to piston ring failure so the plan is now to work on the engine, everything else has been upgraded! GAZ GOLDs, 266mm 206 GTi brake setup, braided lines fully polybushed etc you name it I've done it lol. Couple photos for those who care! 

IMG_3844.JPG

IMG_6542.JPG

1 minute ago, clarendon462 said:

That'll be why its quicker then

If you were to do the same weight saving to the fabia and sort the boost leaks it would feel quicker.

I'm not 100% sure if it has boost leaks or not don't quote me on that. May just be a boring map! My boost gauge seems to spike at about 32psi then hold at around 25/26psi roughly maybe a tad more. 

Seems silly that the BHP and torque figure of the fabia are far superior to the 106, they was about even til around 70/80mph then the 106 pulled past like the fabia was going out of fashion, slight uphill too you would think the torque of the fabia would keep it upfront

9 hours ago, JaamesVRS said:

I'm not 100% sure if it has boost leaks or not don't quote me on that. May just be a boring map! My boost gauge seems to spike at about 32psi then hold at around 25/26psi roughly maybe a tad more. 

Seems silly that the BHP and torque figure of the fabia are far superior to the 106, they was about even til around 70/80mph then the 106 pulled past like the fabia was going out of fashion, slight uphill too you would think the torque of the fabia would keep it upfront

Illogical Captain, I would expect the 106 to be much quicker off the line with it's low weight and free-revving engine and the Fab to get into its stride in 4th gear and start pulling harder. You do understand you have to drive the cars completely differently, getting into higher gears earlier on the Fab so you're dropping into peak torque and letting the torque pull the gear and not the revs.

Even so those boost figures look pants, are they MAP figures or boost figures, they seem to be neither, they're either too high or too low depending.

• Like 1

Probably down to the boost garage TBH!! Not the best in the world lol, it's connected to the EGR delete, think it spikes around 30/35 and settles more along line of 27 but I will check and report back, ill post my dyno graph too may have many of boost leaks (more than likely it's a fabia) and see what you make of it. 

Oh yes 100% the 106 doesn't make its power to later in the rev range however I wasn't driving the fabia I was driving the 106 and my friend was driving my car, however we was virtually neck on neck and then around 80mph the 106 pulled past like the fabia come on the brakes! 

Looking At the graph the torque drops off real quick however the power looks like it picks up again, I haven't seen any other graphs for these cars but to me the map looks awful with the graph

IMG_9320.JPG

Edited by JaamesVRS

• 4 weeks later...

Just a small question on a post in this thread i missed when the thread was current.

20th December 2017.

Re the,

When a 106 was tested originally they were weighed / tested for the 0-60 with 4 passengers (5 people) in the car and a full tank of fuel.

? Where these as heavy  (large) people as could be squeezed in the 106?

Where did this gem come from that is commonly known on 106 forums or online.

& why would any French manufacturer post 0-60 & not 0-62 (100 kmh)  and why to ensure a lower insurance group?

A Full loaded Revenue weight test rather than a Unladen / Kerb weight!

Edited by AwaoffSki

2 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

Just a small question on a post in this thread i missed when the thread was current.

20th December 2017.

Re the,

When a 106 was tested originally they were weighed / tested for the 0-60 with 4 passengers (5 people) in the car and a full tank of fuel.

& why would any French manufacturer post 0-60 & not 0-62 (100 kmh)  and why to ensure a lower insurance group?

I know this about Frenchies, but can you write in English please,

I have real experience working with TU5 16V engines and they are fantastic bits of kit, extremely tuneable and capable of really high power outputs, I have personally seen one making 235 BHP on the dyno in tarmac rally spec. not bad for a 1.6 N/A engine.

As for the weight, think of the bodyshell as made of tinfoil using origami. It's about as safe too.

Which part of what i asked is causing you confusion. Is it all of it?

Did you look at the post by the OP back on the 20th December 2017?   That is what i am asking about.

If my way of typing or spelling is not to your liking trot on by please.

Edited by AwaoffSki

Sorry but 166bhp with 325lb ft, is that a stage one just a remap because that torque is rather high, looking at the graph it hits around 300 then dips and spikes to 325, I've mapped a lot of PD's in various guises, Passats, Golfs, Ibizas, Seats etc and I have never seen 325lb ft, BHP wise they range form 165-180 and torque from 270 to max 300, who did the map?

Also the torque drops rather quickly.

Edited by T2000

19 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

Which part of what i asked is causing you confusion. Is it all of it?

Did you look at the post by the OP back on the 20th December 2017?   That is what i am asking about.

If my way of typing or spelling is not to your liking trot on by please.

So quote the post then, it's not hard, press the quote button underneath the post you want to, erm, quote!

Trot on yourself you humourless old goat, at least I own two Skodas and can quote from actual experience instead of a load of old armchair nonsense about revenue weight tests.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On a phone, on a connection that can not keep connected and not in England, so if you do not mind the serious ask from me was not to you.

as to humourless, keep your abuse for others please.  

I was interested in an answer not your jollies.

The question i am asking is about the OP saying the cars were tested 0-60 with full fuel tanks and 4 passengers, 

nothing to do with the tuning potential.

PS

Own all the Skoda you like, is there a point to that, as though that means something.

Not like you are unique. 

Edited by AwaoffSki

12 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

On a phone, on a connection that can not keep connected and not in England, so if you do not mind the serious ask from me was not to you.

as to humourless, keep your abuse for others please.  

I was interested in an answer not your jollies.

The question i am asking is about the OP saying the cars were tested 0-60 with full fuel tanks and 4 passengers, 

nothing to do with the tuning potential.

PS

Own all the Skoda you like, is there a point to that, as though that means something.

Not like you are unique. 

I am, I'm a special snowflake and you hurt my feelings Mr Literal, in fact you broke my heart!

(expecting the handbag police any minute now, actually mods are more like little tiny traffic wardens than big tough policemen but don't tell them I said so)

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

20th December 2017.

Re the,

I have no idea it’s just what’s been told seems to be common knowledge on the 106 and saxo pages. It was to do with the parkers test or something I’m sure you could still find it online somewhere 

1 hour ago, T2000 said:

Sorry but 166bhp with 325lb ft, is that a stage one just a remap because that torque is rather high, looking at the graph it hits around 300 then dips and spikes to 325, I've mapped a lot of PD's in various guises, Passats, Golfs, Ibizas, Seats etc and I have never seen 325lb ft, BHP wise they range form 165-180 and torque from 270 to max 300, who did the map?

Also the torque drops rather quickly.

Yes it’s just a Stage 1 map. Was a map from a garage local to me called Boost Factory. The fella done it in there. 

The torque dropping wuickly probably explains why it feels it feels so slow lol 

Edited by JaamesVRS

Where in Kent are you James?

my VRS is around 220bhp and 360 ft lbs. the torque makes it feel faster than it is. It's a good all rounder, get around 50mpg and can still have a blast.

if you don't have to worry about the fuel costs though, I'd go for the megane. Will have better handling, faster, better brakes, most likely sound better and have better seats

9 hours ago, Dark_Hero said:

Where in Kent are you James?

my VRS is around 220bhp and 360 ft lbs. the torque makes it feel faster than it is. It's a good all rounder, get around 50mpg and can still have a blast.

if you don't have to worry about the fuel costs though, I'd go for the megane. Will have better handling, faster, better brakes, most likely sound better and have better seats

I’m near Brands Hatch fella. Megane has been put on hold for a while, had to get another job over xmas as we all got laid off, save to say the money I’m getting now is nothing of what I was. Fabia will be staying for a good while hence the thought of working with the fabia 

to the OP if it helps at all, i just rebuilt the top end of my VRS due to head gasket failure, and I had to drive around the past few months in my stage 1 Astra VXR, and to be totally honest, I couldn't wait to get back in the Fabia. 

These turbo'd petrols are rapid in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, but after that it dies out compared to the torque of the diesel, the Fabia is smooth in all gears and once ur in third i'm sure it could pull a 747 uphill at a comfortable 70. The Fab pulls on the astra in 5th and 6th gear like as if the astra has run out of petrol. 

As someone has posted already, these similarity between the diesel and petrols are they have 4 wheels and a steering wheel, the power comes in totally differently. And may I add im not saying that you dont know how to get the best out of ur car, as you must know ur way around a track to go to the extent of modifying that 106, so with that being said, those torque figures do drop off rapidly, so may be worth having a think about putting a bit of money into the fab and getting it to a similar stage as the 106, you can do a huge amount for the steering and handling with some strut braces and suspension mods out there, etc etc. 

My fab has a stage 1, FMIC, all pd150 bolts and bits that have gone into the head since rebuilding and it suprises a LOT of cars that should be much much faster, specially 30 - 70+ (not that you can do over 70 on our public roads aye aye ;);) )

Plus the way people are getting rid of these cars, there will only be 4 or 5 left on the road soon haha, maybe an investment ???? ;) 

As it goes I’m picking up a FMIC and Coilovers next weekend, so possibly if there is boost leaks the power is much more consistent, if not a huge improvement with the hardpipes I’ll look at getting another map; as most of my Boost pipes looks quite oiley around the joints. See I find it the complete opposite, 1st 2nd 3rd feels relatively quick but 5th and 6th it’s honestly so bloody gutless it’s like driving a 1.2! My 106 defiantly pulls much stronger in 5th than the fabia like I said the 106 flew past the fabia at 80mph like the fab was standstill