Parks Economy Gold Service

Eck45

Couple of weeks ago received a call from Jean Campbell of Parks of Hamilton offering a Economy Gold Service for £109.00 so I asked whats involved they said;

1. Visual Health Check
  2. Replace Oil
  3. Replace Filters
  4. Replace Spark Plugs (My car is a Diesel)

Sounded OK so I booked it in Friday 15th December 2017

On my return to the Service Checkout I was told my car did not need the Filters replacing as I had them replaced on the last service  but there would be a saving, anyway, after a few minutes I was told the following:

• Front & Rear brake pads 8mm - Brake disks corroded - Quoted Front = £334.24 & Rear = £266.24
  • Tyre depths quoting tyre makes that were not even on my car
  • N/S/F & O/S/F wishbone bushes split and in need of replacement - Quoted  2 x £116.62
  • Advise Timing Belt & Water Pump replacement due to age - Quoted £575.00
  • Advise 4 Wheel Alignment and rear tyre replacement - This I would arrange elsewhere
  • Advise Brake Fluid change - Quoted £54.00

I went to pay the Bill and was told £99.99 as opposed to the quoted £109.00 so I had cause to challenge this and queried the costs of Filters being around £9.00 and if so could you get your Mechanic to Replace my Filters now - Michael  McNairn went back in to his computer and came back with a figure of £69.60  as being the cost without filter replacement, which I duly paid 

So went home quite perplexed and then realised I had just paid £69.60 for an Oil change so I thought well done Mr Park of Hamilton you have just ripped me off - so my car will be going in to a trusted garage to check out and verify whether or not I need the said work carried out and if so at what cost - Rest assured I will not be using Parks of Hamilton again

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like a bit of overpricing.   Skoda Fixed Price servicing quotes £255 for front discs and pads and Cambelt and waterpump £475

http://www.skoda.co.uk/finance-and-offers/service-and-maintenance/simply-fixed

All that said I have had my Octavia 1.4Tsi serviced at Parks with filters replaced and no other work flagged up.