Park / Steer Assist 8K PARKHILFE

Hi Guys,

Recently installed front parking OPS parking sensors to my FL VRS which already had rear parking sensors. 

Original unit was 4K Parkhilfe 5J0 919 475 A 

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446)       Labels: 5J0-919-475.clb
Part No SW: 5J0 919 475 A    HW: 5J0 919 475 A
Component: PARKHILFE 4K  H11 0005  
Revision: --H11---    Serial number: 32961224000475
Coding: 30810F
Shop #: WSC 13765 790 00209
ASAM Dataset: EV_EPHVA14SKxxx0000 001001
ROD: EV_EPHVA14SKxxx0000.rod
VCID: 33649A179AEACED924-8066

New unit is 8K Parkhilfe 5K0 919 475 C

Address 10: Park/Steer Assist (J446)       Labels:. 3C8-919-475.clb
   Part No SW: 5K0 919 475 C    HW: 5K0 919 475 
   Component: PARKHILFE 8K  H07 0008  
   Revision: --------    Serial number: 12941025802099
   Coding: 300001
   Shop #: WSC 00152 210 91233
   VCID: 3662A3038198DBF67B-8062

The issue am having is that RVC which I retrofitted to my Amunsden Plus (RNS 315) using a Kufatec Kit worked perfectly and engaged fine when put in reverse.

However, since the time I have swapped with the new unit it is causing abnormal behaviour to my Nav Unit. No errors in VCDS whatsoever but basically when I put it in reverse I can see the RVC engaging and video of the rear appears however once I go back to D and drive off, the Power button works as Mute and RNS won't switch off until unless I take the ignition key off and it will eventually power off after 5 mins. 

Something tells me once the reverse process if initiated the Nav unit never comes out of it and still thinks am in reverse? Howeve the optical display is gone. I have unticked the Reverse camera option at the moment but would really like my RVC working again? Anybody have suggestion if the codding needs changed? I am pretty confident it is a coding issue and worst case a software update perhaps?

Also I have noticed the labels don't seem to match the part number of the new optical unit? Should I be worried about it?

Edited by singh946

I would say the issue is with the kufatec camera module

With the 4K (rear only) as soon as you come out of reverse the OPS would go.

The 8K will stay on until you press the P button or till your drive off and reach the set speed

I have a VW unit in my car (coded in my car as a VW Touran) and I've fitted my old Skoda unit in a VW Golf. So doubt that is the issue

2 hours ago, Eddie-NL said:

I would say the issue is with the kufatec camera module

With the 4K (rear only) as soon as you come out of reverse the OPS would go.

The 8K will stay on until you press the P button or till your drive off and reach the set speed

I have a VW unit in my car (coded in my car as a VW Touran) and I've fitted my old Skoda unit in a VW Golf. So doubt that is the issue

That is strange Eddie as the Kufatec module worked perfectly fine with 4K unit.

1 hour ago, singh946 said:

That is strange Eddie as the Kufatec module worked perfectly fine with 4K unit.

but your not understanding the  difference between the two

with the rear only, when you come out of reverse the display switches off

with front sensors the display will stay active until you press the button or reach the required speed when driving forward

49 minutes ago, Eddie-NL said:

but your not understanding the  difference between the two

with the rear only, when you come out of reverse the display switches off

with front sensors the display will stay active until you press the button or reach the required speed when driving forward

I understand the difference Eddie as I done the install myself and what the park switch does. However if the 4K switches off once out of reverse and the 8K switches off by pressing the Park button but how will it effect the RVC kufatec kit? If the radio gets the signal that car is out of park and is driving over 5mph then the radio should turn off instead of muting? Kufatec dont make any other kit for 8K as far as i know?

An OEM lowline RVC doesn't have an additional control module, it's only got inputs for power, ground and reverse. It doesn't communicate on the CAN-bus at all.

The Kufatec module is probably using a CAN-bus message as a trigger and might also be sending messages. It might be these messages that are messing with the headunit....

Probably worth speaking with Kufatec to see if they have any advice.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, langers2k said:

An OEM lowline RVC doesn't have an additional control module, it's only got inputs for power, ground and reverse. It doesn't communicate on the CAN-bus at all.

The Kufatec module is probably using a CAN-bus message as a trigger and might also be sending messages. It might be these messages that are messing with the headunit....

Probably worth speaking with Kufatec to see if they have any advice.

Thank you @langers2k for an excellent reply. It makes much more sense. And yes the Kufatec module was tapped into the radio canbus hi / low when i installed it. I will try and speak to Kufatec and see if they can provide solution. 

@langers2k @Eddie-NL I found in Byte 1 > Bit 0 option for Automatic Transmisson installed? Mine is currently unchecked as it was messing with my front OPS and making it more sensitive  ?!?! May be its in my head dunno. But can this confuse the canbus signals going to the radio and kufatec module? I will try it in the evening to rule this out.

parking2.jpg

1 hour ago, singh946 said:

@langers2k @Eddie-NL I found in Byte 1 > Bit 0 option for Automatic Transmisson installed? Mine is currently unchecked as it was messing with my front OPS and making it more sensitive  ?!?! May be its in my head dunno. But can this confuse the canbus signals going to the radio and kufatec module? I will try it in the evening to rule this out.

parking2.jpg

it does need to be ticked

on a manual car there is a signal wire from the gearbox to the BCM

on an automatic it is done by a CAN signal

if the sensors are over sensitive it could be down to the paint thickness

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Eddie-NL said:

it does need to be ticked

on a manual car there is a signal wire from the gearbox to the BCM

on an automatic it is done by a CAN signal

if the sensors are over sensitive it could be down to the paint thickness

Thanks Eddie I guess that would explain the abnormal behavior of the radio. I will test it in the evening. 

The sensors were already painted when I bought the kit. Have to get them repainted to match my colour so not worry about it so much now.