Can anyone help? I went out last night with a car full and a fully working car in the rain, once I had parked up I left the engine running while everyone readied to depart into the rain and during this time there was an electrical burning smell. I did not have time to investigate and appeared to dissipate quickly. Jokingly I said as I locked the car if it catches fire we will have to get a taxi home. Anyway on our return the car was still in one piece thankfully but after starting her up I had no windscreen wipers, this made the journey home almost bloody impossible. Can anyone throw any light on this for me please? I don't have the money to take it to a garage at their inflated prices so it has to be DIY so any input would be lifesaving. The car is a 58 plate Roomster 3 and I love her to bits.   

• 2 weeks later...

I'm no expert, but it sounds to me like you will need to sort out the electrics to the wipers. A burning electric smell means the wiring has shorted somewhere.

I hope someone on here can help out a bit more than me!

Hi Guys, thanks for your reply's, I ended up taking it to a independant VW/Seat/Skoda guy, I was lucky that he fitted me in the Thursday before Christmas. The fault was tracked down to a breakdown in the wiper stalk control arm contacts.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1