TrA - -. - Coming up instead of total mileage on Yeti

K100RS

TrA- - . - Coming up instead of total mileage on Yeti

Made the big mistake of checking for a door electrical fault in the dark outside when my Hex-V2 software release update came on for 17.8.1 and started to upload. Seemed to go in ok but managed to hit a right hand box on the VCDS screen afterwards fumbling about. Pulled out the plug and turned off the ignition key.

Went to turn on the key and TrA - - . – popped up on the total mileage position. Also the normal day driving lights on the front no longer come on. The inside courtesy lights don’t come on unless the ignition key is turned on and the radio is now dead? Have I totally screwed up the firmware that normally sets these up on start up? Did try the desperate idea of disconnecting the battery but of course there was no change in the held settings.

Anybody have an idea of what I have screwed up on the Yeti 110 before the Mrs hits me with her saucepan. Taken Yeti to work today so cannot re check anything coming up today. Not in her Christmas list this week.

TrA Yeti.jpg

Thanks Freedom and langers2k

Will have to wait until Mrs gets home very late tonight from work as it gets a 120 mile run around every working day from her. I hope to get my hands on it at the weekend and download a fault file if possible.

Used the Hex - V2 many times and not screwed up until last night trying to sort out a dodgy repair job on the door wiring that still pops up by a local garage.

Just hope I have not done permanent damage this time. Need an expert to see what comes up. 

Thanks chaps

Saved the day and Mrs talking to me again. Went in with the HEX - V2 and located the panel for Transport mode and re activated it. Radio came back on straight away and now everything runs as before.

Well done to all of you for sorting me out. Next time will not rush about in the dark.

A Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you all.