Coding 6C rear view camera high

the_biochemist

Hi everyone

Im confused! 

I have got an oem rear view high camera and kauftec loom. 

I have fitted it into my new kodiaq scout columbus unit. 

It is coded into the gateway, navigation and ops modules as required. 

My problem is it doesn't activate when put in reverse - the screen has changed to show the ops diagram in the lower left and a large black area where the reverse picture should be. So part way there but no luck. 

To see what is happening I looked at the mould ulema live data (using obdeleven eleven) and can seems to work fine as it registers reverse and also steering angle. 

I have also activated the video feed using the test functions in obdeleven and that displays the image on the columbus display. 

So everything works apart from working automatically when putting it in reverse. 

Looking at the long coding it is just a long string of 00 00 00....... 00's and therefore isn't right. 

It also has a fault saying there are no basic settings. 

I cannot change any of the basic settings or adaptation values as it errors about 'marginal conditions not being met' when I try. 

Any advice would be much appreciated! 

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Not an expert but  I'm  thinking you don't have power getting to your camera can you get an image if you put the video signal into something  else as a test?