Skoda Octavia Vrs Dsg 200k miles

Baz89

Hi, could someone give me some feedback please I am thinking of buy a 2011 Skoda Octavia Vrs Dsg with 200k miles on it it’s got full service history it’s got no faults, would you buy it? And what would you think it’s worth?

Edited by Baz89

Who is the Full Service History with, have you gone through everything done, each 20,000 miles or however,

ie 9 or 10 services,

and when does it show the last DSG Oil / Filter Service was done, has there been 5 done or 6 DSG services?

Water pump, belts etc.

If no faults and plenty of good parts on, tyres, windscreen not all chipped etc etc, then 'what the worst that can happen?' 

Budget for a big service and if cheap enough then that is a good price to pay, only you know how much that might be, 

is it a private sale, what does the last 2 MOT's show as advisories, and were their Passes both times?

Thanks for reply AwaoffSki, The car has now sold but will definitely keep this info in mind and check if I come across another high mileage motor that I like.

• 4 months later...

Check if the Auxilliary belt AND tensioner has been changed, not a scheduled part to change like the cambelt but if it does go it can take out the cambelt which in turn can wreck the engine, also listen carefully to the engine when it is idling when cold, any knocking or clunking is likely to be the dual mass flywheel which on a DSG is a £1500+ bill......case of buyer beware!