DTUK CRD3+ - Quick Question

Just got my CRD3+, but due to weather not had the chance to install it yet.

Quick question before I install - what's the part circled in red?

I've done several seaches and read the instruction manual, but can find no reference to it.

I have come up with the theory that you can swap it out for the actual box and have your car running stock, but would appreciate confirmation.

Cheers.

IMG_0682.thumb.JPG.ece32e6118a8f3355bfae022ed4f09c3.JPG

4 hours ago, war1 said:

I am also interested in this box but I would like to have the opinion that has installed it.

I had one on my Diesel O3, and it’s a 5 minute job to fit - great results once installed. 

@themanwithnoaim has also had a couple too I believe, but they are harder to fit on the 2.0 TSI engines because of the position of one of the sensors.

• Like 1

I've done about 2.5k now with mine, mostly on setting 2+0 (or should that be 2-0...) with no strange behaviour or warning lamps. I've started using millers too, on the basis it should help keep the soot levels down. Doesn't do anything for performance that I can tell, and to really to verify effect on fuel economy 

Edited by stever750

How did people find it effected insurance?

I've been phoning around and people don't seem to really know what it is.

Got one good quote, but they want to see proof of my lowest quote to date, which was genuine, but I seem to be having trouble re-creating the quote.

4 hours ago, j1mg said:

How did people find it effected insurance?

I've been phoning around and people don't seem to really know what it is.

Got one good quote, but they want to see proof of my lowest quote to date, which was genuine, but I seem to be having trouble re-creating the quote.

added £50 to my insurance, i was pricing around and some didnt even mind it. Theres someone from adrian flux on here they are an extra £50 AFAIK.

2 hours ago, DAN@ADRIAN FLUX said:

Hi,

If you need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.

Regards,

Dan.

Happy to give you a call tomorrow.

Direct number or general number and ask for you?

• 3 weeks later...

It's related, so I won't start a new thread.

Is there an easy way to remove the little storage door by the drivers knee?

As that would be a logical place to store the Pedal Box? But it's too tight to thread through whilst it's attached.

The wire should fit through niucely, but getting thte actual unit through is not working.

26 minutes ago, j1mg said:

It's related, so I won't start a new thread.

Is there an easy way to remove the little storage door by the drivers knee?

As that would be a logical place to store the Pedal Box? But it's too tight to thread through whilst it's attached.

The wire should fit through niucely, but getting thte actual unit through is not working.

Mine's in there :)

From memory, drop the 'door' outwards, either by twisting it slightly to one side, squeezing the two sides inwards to release the catches, or I may have unclipped it at the two sides at the bottom first, sorry I can't remember exactly.

I know it only took 2 minutes with no tools! Will have a look later if I can.

Finally got to drive the car after fitting the Tuning Box. I'm very happy with the difference.

Got a nice run to do on Sunday to my second home (The NEC), so am quite looking forward to that drive now.

• Like 1