VRS Problems

So I picked up my 14plate VRS TDI combi in race blue on the 22nd of December from Vindis Skoda Cambridge as I feel it’s always best to buy approved used for any warranty issues and I’m so glad I did. It’s currently back with them for the second time for loss of coolant and now no automatic wipers and has to go back for a paintwork defect for another week later in the month. Has anyone else had any issues with CambridgeSkoda and their service? And did they offer any good will gestures due to their failings?

50 minutes ago, LuckyVRS14 said:

So I picked up my 14plate VRS TDI combi in race blue on the 22nd of December from Vindis Skoda Cambridge as I feel it’s always best to buy approved used for any warranty issues and I’m so glad I did. It’s currently back with them for the second time for loss of coolant and now no automatic wipers and has to go back for a paintwork defect for another week later in the month. Has anyone else had any issues with CambridgeSkoda and their service? And did they offer any good will gestures due to their failings?

I bought mine approved used from Vindis Cambridge and made the trip from the North West. They were good to deal with remotely and in person. Never had any issues with the car or with them though.

Should ask them for some goodwill as it's not great you've had to take it back in a few times already in the space of a few weeks. Should all be sorted under the warranty.

3 hours ago, ahenners said:

I bought mine approved used from Vindis Cambridge and made the trip from the North West. They were good to deal with remotely and in person. Never had any issues with the car or with them though.

Should ask them for some goodwill as it's not great you've had to take it back in a few times already in the space of a few weeks. Should all be sorted under the warranty.

That’s good to hear I’m sure they will get it sorted and all will be ok soon, we’ll I hope so anyway.

On 06/01/2018 at 11:28, LuckyVRS14 said:

Is the the old Ridgeway škoda? if so I bought my 65 plate from them 18 months ago and found the dealership very helpful and honest, the car originally was down in reading and was bought to cambride for me to view, mine came with one key, they ordered a second for me and arranged for it to be programmed at my nearest dealer which is in Canock. I couldn't fault them. The sales person who sold it to me was also from the Czech republic.

I think there was a known issue with the water pump on the early Mk3 Octy's - this may be the cause of your coolant loss. Hope they sort it for you without any fuss. 

Well a quick update the car is now on its third day in the garage and they still haven’t worked out where its leaking from. When I spoke with them today they now think it may be leak around the turbo intercooler as they think the water is leaking into the exhaust system. So will see if they find it tomorrow......

Update at day 6, still without the VRS and no diagnosis for the coolant loss. Now waiting for a master technician to look over the vehicle next week. And then fours days for paintwork faults..... looks like they will have my new car longer than I will in my first month of ownership, it’s currently Vindis 10 - Me 11 Has anyone else had this level of disruption and problems with a approved used vehicle?

It may be worth noting that within 30 days of you buying something - including a car - if it has a defect/fault you can give it back to the seller for a full refund. That's part of the Consumer Rights act of 2015. If you feel you're not getting it fixed quickly enough or you're concerned about the reliability of the car, this might be an option to you.

48 minutes ago, MachoGrande said:

It may be worth noting that within 30 days of you buying something - including a car - if it has a defect/fault you can give it back to the seller for a full refund. That's part of the Consumer Rights act of 2015. If you feel you're not getting it fixed quickly enough or you're concerned about the reliability of the car, this might be an option to you.

+1  There are plenty of other cars around and this may only be the start of your problems. Think I'd be asking them to either source replacement vehicle or get money back.

On 13/01/2018 at 10:00, LuckyVRS14 said:

Update at day 6, still without the VRS and no diagnosis for the coolant loss. Now waiting for a master technician to look over the vehicle next week. And then fours days for paintwork faults..... looks like they will have my new car longer than I will in my first month of ownership, it’s currently Vindis 10 - Me 11 Has anyone else had this level of disruption and problems with a approved used vehicle?

I bought a vrs TDI from a approved Skoda dealer and in the first 6 weeks, they had it for 2 weeks whilst it had 2 waterpumps and a cambelt !

Like you, i was close to throwing the towel in during the first 30 days, but i knew that the waterpump/overheating on 14 plate vrs was the weak link so i stuck with it as if i had changed it for another vrs, i might have had the same water pump issue !

Edited by studmuffin

5 hours ago, studmuffin said:

I bought a vrs TDI from a approved Skoda dealer and in the first 6 weeks, they had it for 2 weeks whilst it had 2 waterpumps and a cambelt !

Like you, i was close to throwing the towel in during the first 30 days, but i knew that the waterpump/overheating on 14 plate vrs was the weak link so i stuck with it as if i had changed it for another vrs, i might have had the same water pump issue !

Well I’ve requested a meeting as they are not very forthcoming at the moment which is making things worse.. will see what happens after that.

I hope that meeting is requested with the Dealer Principal in writing setting out the issues you have had with a 'Skoda Approved Used Car'.

Forward that to the Warranty Underwriter as well.

Then obviously that all goes to here as well if the Dealer Principal can not have the Franchised Establishment employees do the right thing.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

Day 11, And I have a diagnosis. Their is a leak from the EGR valve which I believe is a common fault after the water pump? As for the auto wipers they have found that the sensor was loose and will need repair replacement. At least now I know that once I get the car back it will have had both of the common flults with the coolant system rectified.

• 2 weeks later...