05 vRS: Fix, Break, or Sell?

Not a sneaky sale post - I'm wanting some ideas/opinions on the conundrum of The Hound.

Some of you may remember that my lightly tuned 2005 vRS lunched its timing chain about a year ago. I initially set about repairing this, as it's not a particularly tricky job - however, my initial enthusiasm has waned, and now I can't be arsed. Car remains clogging up my garage, with a partially stripped down engine. I'm now genuinely stuck as to what to do with it.

1) Fix.

As it stands, the pump drive sprocket on the crank is mangled. This is a crank out job, which means engine out. Either I replace the engine (approx. £3,000), or I strip and rebuild the engine myself - whilst this would save me a bit of labour, I'd blow that by doing it properly and rebuilding the head, new rods/pistons, etc.

2) Break.

A Forge Motorsport twin charger kit, hybrid blower, mapped ECU, shortshift kit, wheels, new driveshafts, gearbox, and interior. Collective value about a grand? Does mean ripping apart an otherwise unmarked car - which I always hate doing.

3) Sell

Alternative is to sell it as an ongoing concern (thinking about £750) needing a new engine. Borked engine aside, it's a very nice car indeed, having had over £1,250 spent (trade prices) on it the week before the chain went south. Bonus here is that I don't need to do anything else to it, but does require trying to find someone who'd take it on.

Any other suggestions welcome

Dunc

What engine is it ? Petrol or diesel replacement engine s can be had for a lot less then 3k and if it’s only damaged the crank you could just get a new bottom end witch would be less 

so I’d go for fix it your self option, as for how far you fix it with new Uprated parts that’s up to you :)