Various Boot Opening Problems - Fabia Mk1 Estate 53 Plate

Hi all

Sorry, forgot to come back to this with an update.  

The garage said that the part alone would be £100 or so.  They didn't mention labour (I wasn't there; my partner took it in).  So I'm presuming all they'd be interested in doing is the whole caboodle rather than just the microswitch.  

Is changing the whole lock much easier than the microswitch change?  If so, perhaps I should follow your advice TMB and see about finding a whole lock unit and then look to do it myself....  What exactly would I need to look for though?  

Many thanks 

Changing the microswitch isn't difficult but it depends entirely on your skill level. When I did mine, the proper microswitches weren't available, that's why I had to make a different one fit. However, the proper ones have now become available (part number 3BD998786 for driver's door).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2057872.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.TRS0&_nkw=+3BD998786&_sacat=0

For a new lock unit you would be looking at something like this...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SKODA-FABIA-SEAT-CORDBODA-IBIZA-1999-2009-FRONT-RIGHT-CENTRAL-DOOR-LOCK-NEW/131779955351?fits=Car+Make%3ASkoda|Model%3AFabia&hash=item1eaeb28a97:g:q7YAAOSw8gVX6m~1

Edited by TMB

• 4 months later...

Good afternoon, I have similar issues, the drivers door micro switch is u/s, but I used to be able to get the boot to open by opening the rear nearside door  ( it still lights the interior light so I assume its micro switch is ok) , but now the boot stays firmly shut. Any suggestions any one. Thanks Doug