Diesel dump valve.

R88RTY

Hello. Im new to this site been signed up a while but never posted. I know people have probably asked this before but i am after a dumo valve for my diesel vrs. Its on a 08 plate. Does any1 have an idea which 1 to get thanks.  

Just now, R88RTY said:

Hello. Im new to this site been signed up a while but never posted. I know people have probably asked this before but i am after a dumo valve for my diesel octavia vrs. Its on a 08 plate. Does any1 have an idea which 1 to get thanks.  

???????

2 hours ago, R88RTY said:

Hello. Im new to this site been signed up a while but never posted. I know people have probably asked this before but i am after a dumo valve for my diesel vrs. Its on a 08 plate. Does any1 have an idea which 1 to get thanks.  

There's no point...

A dump valve is fitted in the air side between the turbo and inlet manifold and opens when the throttle is shut to vent the air and stop the turbo stalling.

There is little point in having a dump valve on a diesel engine because you don't have a throttle and aren't therefore in danger of closing off the inlet manifold suddenly at high boost pressures, and stalling the turbo.

• Like 2

It's very common for newbies, like yourself, to ask this question (plenty of threads on here). Have read of this explanation : TDIClub FAQ - Blow-off valves or BOV or similar The rest of the FAQ is very useful too. Basically Dump valves won't work at all on any diesels as there is no throttle valve, Engine speed is only controlled by fuel injection, air is not restricted.

I believe you can fit an electronic operated dump valve, this will produce the sound of one but will not do anything to the performance of the car. I have even heard they actually decrease performance slightly when gear changing, and could even damage the turbo, as it dumps more pressure than it needs to, plus they do sound 'Chavvy'. 

• Like 1