Compromise

My wife and I have a disagreement. I would like the Spaceback SE Sport but she hates the panoramic roof. I love the panoramic roof, 17 inch alloys and extended rear glass hatch. Do I 

1. Ignore her and get the Sport

2. Go with the flow and get the SE Tech

3. Buy the SE Tech and fit the alloys and the extended glass hatch

4. Trade the wife in (i heard you can trade up or down!)

Any views appreciated 

Edited by Beachy

I second the Toledo option - seriously you get a lot more for your money ..the most overlooked car Ive ever come across, followed closely by the rapid.

I just bought my Wife a Toledo last week, yesterday I bought another for my Daughter, ...Im now allowed to stay out late again :)

We have a SE Sport... the Panno roofs are one of the best bits plus the black roof breaks up the mass of paint colour...

The Roof also has an internal cover so can be hidden...

The seats in the SE Sport are so much nicer than the base seats...

Go SE Sport, its the only model that looks sporty as stock..

Re panoramic roof -you might want to check a couple of practicalities e.g.

Insurance - does your insurer include this type of roof in the glass replacement section, could be an expensive repair if not. Even worse on cars where the roof is one piece with the windscreen, if so what happens when (not if!) you get a non-repairable chip in the critical part of the screen?

What happens if something drops on your roof - where is all the glass going to go, and how do you deal with it between the event and the repair. Especially if you are carrying children. (think it unlikley? think again, I've had little dents in the roof of a couple of cars where things have dropped from motorway bridges or out of trees - even on one occasion where I collected one of those warning lamps they put on the of cones - it was on a bridge, someone hit the cone, flicked the lamp over the parapet just as I was passing beneath it!) Even if the glass does not break, a small chip can end up causing the glass to shatter without warning.

Personally, I wouldn't touch them.