Citigo headlight/DLR Dim-dip fault

MarkyTDI

Hi Guys,

Swimbo has a 2014 Seat Mii ( Sorry.....Citigo seemed much more expensive 2nd hand in our area), I've just noticed this morning that when the sidelights are put on the rear lights come on as normal and the DLRs dim but the headlights no longer come on dimly.

Anyone else had this? If I turn the switch another notch the headlights work fine at full brightness so the bulbs are ok. It has LED DLRs which I fitted months ago and they seem to work fine still. 

Slightly suspicious as it only went to the Dealer for a service on Friday. 

Cheers,

Mark. 

Yep, when the sidelights are turned on the DLR used to dim and the dipped beam used to come on dim too.

Know this is the case as I took photos when I put the LED DLRs in, I attached one. Now just the DLRs dim, no headlights.

IMG_20171110_081749.jpg

"the headlights no longer come on dimly"......when you switch on the sidelights, the headlamps SHOULDN'T come on at all....why would they? If you want the headlamps on (dipped or main-beam), you turn the switch to the next position.

• Like 1

Ok so.....this is my 1st car that has DLR....from what it was doing I assumed that it was using the dim dip system which used to be standard on cars in the 90s. Basically headlights used to come on at about 20% brightness when the sidelights were on and the engine was running. Stopped people driving about in the dark just on side lights.

I had 2 cars that did this when I started driving. The Mii did it so I assumed it had been reintroduced with DLRs. 

Evidentially it turns out the car now behaves like all others after a visit to the dealer but as per the photo the headlights used to come on at reduced brightness when the sidelights were on and the engine running. It's bloody weird. If I didn't have photos I'd think I was going mad. 

• Like 1