Radio

Hello!

Since my radio columbus does not know anyone to fix, I need to buy a new one.

Of course the original is not applicable.
I'm looking for an Android radio.
Maybe somebody knows which radio I should buy?
So that I can set all the settings as for the original?
Driving profile, manual controls, assistant settings ... command controls ... reset of tire pressure, fuel consumption overview. In short everything that can be adjusted with the original. There is such an Android radio? Octavia 3 2013.

Hey thanx but i am not from your country:)

Thats interesting that nobody has that problem and fix it..

Radios on aliexpres or ebay... can i do settings on it like on original?  Will be there menu that can i change settings for car?  Drive profil and lights and all that can doo on original...thats problem...

It will be the best repair original,but nobody can doo this. I hawe ask manny people.

14 hours ago, Skodilakrs1 said:

Radios on aliexpres or ebay... can i do settings on it like on original?  Will be there menu that can i change settings for car?  Drive profil and lights and all that can doo on original...thats problem...

yes, yes and yes.

with units that have full canbus integration and all the setting as the original. You can buy the odb module as well to relay extra data to the head unit.

14 hours ago, Skodilakrs1 said:

Hey thanx but i am not from your country:)

Thats interesting that nobody has that problem and fix it..

It will be the best repair original,but nobody can doo this. I hawe ask manny people.

https://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/330023-no-audio-from-stereo/

There have been instances of sound being lost on Columbus units, one suggestion is to try and hold the volume button in for 10 seconds. It might not work but it won't cost you anything.

Hey!

I do a hard reset and nothing,

I think,i will buy android radio...

And how are this radios? Works good like original?  Park sensors will also work( graphic display car obstacles)?

And what its than with the little box down of the original radio (aux and usb) port...unusable  then by android rdio?

Wil the woice control work?

And how is with connecting wires? Past original adapter or must cut wires?

And can you advise wich radio to take?

Thanx guys

Edited by Skodilakrs1

7 hours ago, Skodilakrs1 said:

If i will know that is defect head unit,i will buy a new one...but..what if is defect on lcd unit...

The LCD is just that, a display - the speakers are driven by the unit in the glove box, this is where all the electronics are other than the display.

13 hours ago, Skodilakrs1 said:

i have open the unit and visual is all ok inside.

From 40 years experience as an electronics designer, I can assure you that electronics do not always fail visibly - internal failures within components are far more common than visible blackening or smoke!

• Like 1

Ok thanx.

And what you say...if i buy a ney unit : https://www.ebay.com/itm/Skoda-Octavia-III-DIscovery-Pro-Navigation-Unit-5E0035020-MIB-DAB-SD/262524639669?hash=item3d1fb019b5:g:m2IAAOSwzLlXh5Oj

Wil sound come back?

And what is on link mean protective components? And no navigation?  Can i how change from my old unit to new the navigation? I have all activated navigation in old unit.

Thanx

I wouldn't buy that one. Component Protection means it's been hard coded to the car it came from and cannot be used in another vehicle without going through Skoda to have the Component Protection removed from the unit and have it coded to your vehicle. They don't like doing it, can't do it (in some cases) and you'll have wasted your money I reckon.

• 2 weeks later...