3-spoke MFSW retrofit

Looking to upgrade my Octavia Mk2 FL (1.6 TDI Greenline) with a nice steering wheel to replace the dreadful standard 4-spoke plastic one.

I can find 4-spoke leather versions with or without buttons, but my top choice would be the 3-spoke MFSW - like the vRS one. As it's a manual I would prefer without paddles though, but that has proven a challenge.

I found this at skodateile.cz http://www.skodateile.cz/index.php?pg=product&prod=355&menu=Škoda|Octavia II(A5) facelift|Volanty but it's sold out. Anyone know the part no. so I can do a wider search?

It seems that one has also been offered for Yeti manual versions (sometimes with a footprint badge instead of vRS) - that one could be an option too: http://www.autoaid.de/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/Skoda-Yeti-2.0-TDI-125-kW-4x4-Elegance-Innenraum-Cockpit-Interieur.jpg

Planning to control a new RCD330g Plus radio (eBay, on its way).

I fitted the multi-function wheel from a Mk2 FL VRS DGS to my manual car. To get around the paddles I just removed them and made blanking plates. Have a look in my build thread for pics. Remember that you will most likely need a new steering wheel controller however a VCDS scan will tell you if yours is compatable.

Took me a looong time but now I found the part no.: 5L0419091C - that's the Yeti one (C with media/phone, B without phone). And a new world of options opened..!

It's a bit pricey for a new one (420£ at skparts) so might go for a used one (found a few around 250£ in Sweden).

Found a new vRS wheel with paddles at 336£ in Germany but not sure I'd have the skills to make nice blanking plates instead of the paddles, and keeping them would be a bit foolish. Unless they can be re-programmed to... hmm, what actually? Seat heating up/down? :-)

Regardless, the Yeti wheel's plain leather might be a better style fit for the humble 1.6 TDI than perforated leather, red stitching and vRS logo...

image.png.c1ed52f9d5bf443f94ed6f16e80c10de.png