Wet Case Umbrella Holder

Yes, it's in the Mk2 rear left door and the Mk3 has the drainage channels in both the front doors. 

The umbrellas are a nice touch but if your going to your car and the umbrellas are both in the car, it's not much good. If once you get to your destination and it starts raining, then it's great. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Svend said:

Yes, it's in the Mk2 rear left door and the Mk3 has the drainage channels in both the front doors. 

The umbrellas are a nice touch but if your going to your car and the umbrellas are both in the car, it's not much good. If once you get to your destination and it starts raining, then it's great. 

Exactly.  I've now lost count of the times we've been caught in a shower and I've thought "If only we had those umbrella's that are stowed in my car, a mile away".  You'd think I'd learn! 

• Like 1

The umbrellas are a brilliant touch, but hands up anyone who has forgotten about them. Got out of the car, walked away in the rain and after about 5 minutes getting wet remembered the umbrella.

My hand is up...:sadsmile:

• Haha 3

• 2 months later...
On 1/12/2018 at 12:06, Ashmount said:

The umbrellas are a brilliant touch, but hands up anyone who has forgotten about them. Got out of the car, walked away in the rain and after about 5 minutes getting wet remembered the umbrella.

hi.. do the Sportlines come with umbrellas or is it an optional extra, and if not do they still have the slots? Thanks 

3 minutes ago, Raymundo91 said:

hi.. do the Sportlines come with umbrellas or is it an optional extra, and if not do they still have the slots? Thanks 

mine has one in both front doors - collected 10 days ago MY18 Sportline

It is absolutely worth checking on the day. Even in brand new cars they seem to "walk" since dealers grab one from the nearest car to put in the car that's about to be picked up by it's new owner. Mine had one missing on pick-up day. No problem says the salesman - and promptly takes one out of the Superb in the showroom!

On 12/01/2018 at 12:06, Ashmount said:

I'm like that with supermarket carrier bags too. I keep forgetting to take them and end up buying more. I have about 97 bags for life in the cupboard and in the car

(exaggeration for effect).

The other thing to check for is the LED torch in the boot. They seem to go walkabout quite regularly too.

BTW has anyone ever actually used the umbrellas? I haven't and probably never will - but I'd paid for them so I wasn't leaving without them!:D

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The only thing I'm a bit sorry about is not hanging on to my MK II umbrella. It was better made than the current ones and had the old green winged arrow (chickens head) logo.

My Mk II was the best car I ever owned and as much for nostalgia reasons as anything I should have kept the brolly.

Carrier bags...Skoda should start delivering UK cars with a  carrier bag and when you turn off the ignition its gives you that reminder like your phone "have you got your carrier bag?"

Never mind the fancy electronics - that would be progress.:D

• Haha 1

I would rather get wet than sully them

:D
2 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

The other thing to check for is the LED torch in the boot. They seem to go walkabout quite regularly too.

BTW has anyone ever actually used the umbrellas? I haven't and probably never will - but I'd paid for them so I wasn't leaving without them!:D

2 minutes ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Yep, but I have to admit I was showing off. Heading in for lunch from a car park when it started to lash and my friend had no coat. 

"No problem, here's an umbrella...I thought all cars had these...no?...oh well"

• Like 2

Just now, Ashmount said:

Yep, but I have to admit I was showing off. Heading in for lunch from a car park when it started to lash and my friend had no coat. 

"No problem, here's an umbrella...I thought all cars had these...no?...oh well"

Just us and the Bentleys...B)

28 minutes ago, edwards said:

If you are looking at a 280 you'll be too distracted by trying to keep your bowels shut under acceleration....

yes that is what i'm going for :giggle: I've heard a lot about how fast they are but are they really as fast as they say they are? My dad hates how i drive now never mind having something ridiculous :D

Where is the best place to buy Skoda umbrellas?

I never got them with mine (ex demo). Wasn't bothered at the time as the dealer gave me 2 big normal golf type brollies to compensate, but i keep seeing the holder holes in the doors and I think it would be nice to have them in there now.  Would complete the car nicely!!  :D  

Edited by Mickey43

2 minutes ago, Mickey43 said:

I never got them with mine (ex demo). Wasn't bothered at the time as the dealer gave me 2 big normal golf type brollies to compensate, but i keep seeing the holder holes in the doors and I think it would be nice to have them in there now.  Would complete the car nicely!!  :D  

I have seen them on ebay and was contemplating buying 2 until i found out they come standard

2 minutes ago, Mickey43 said:

Plenty on ebay

2 minutes ago, Raymundo91 said:

I have seen them on ebay and was contemplating buying 2 until i found out they come standard

2 minutes ago, Dazkim said:

Plenty on ebay

Thanks guys, will have a look.

Just be careful to get the right one. ISTR the SII umbrella is bigger than the SIII and won't fit into the SIII recepticle.

Or you could go for the flash one...http://www.superskoda.com/Skoda/SKODA-MERCHANDISE/Umbrella-Laurin-Klement-original-Skoda-Autoas-product

€64.99!!!:blink::o:D

Edited by BriskodaJeff