Can you set a Route on your Satnav?

6 hours ago, D402 said:

I think you might be right about the Tours feature being deleted in an update; the owner's manual shows a My tours key between My dests and POIs.  I'm wondering if the My tours key doesn't appear until you have a route or tour already stored.  Do you have Tour memory under Nav -> Settings -> Manage memory?

Unfortunately not. It has been removed entirely, or called something that bears no resemblance to something a normal person would understand as that function :biggrin:

Looking at the handbook (I haven't tried this, sorry), in the 2017 system without physical buttons, you have to:

1. Set your first destination and start route guidance, the same as navigating to a single destination
  2. Press the 'Route information' key
  3. Add extra destinations to the route
  4. Sort them into the order required
  5. Store the edited route

Does this work for you?

• Thanks 1

D402 - Thank you kindly for not uttering the immortal phrase, RTFM. You would have been entitled :D. I thought I had but clearly not.

I did what you suggested, I'd actually worked out stage 1-4 via other posts and a bit of trial and error. What I did not know was you could then save the route permanently. Again, didn't manage it first time but did after a little bit of button pushing following your suggestion that it should be possible I cracked it. All pleased with myself I went to the Destinations file, nothing there. I then, on the off chance, went to Routes. Ta da. There it was, saved for ever more rather than having to set the route each time.

So after a lot of huffing and puffing from me, some inaccurate indignation, and a good deal of very useful help from people on here, I now know how to do what I wanted to do. It was in the manual, oops, but I maintain it was not particularly clear or easy to follow. Nor is the actual system in front of you clear in this matter, I'm sticking to that story anyway.

Thanks all, genuinely helpful and hopefully this thread will help someone else in future who has struggled to do the same. I will now explain to the Skoda "Tech Man" at my dealer how to do this as neither he nor any of the sales staff know either!

• Like 2

Great s

53 minutes ago, LordTyrion said:

D402 - Thank you kindly for not uttering the immortal phrase, RTFM. You would have been entitled :D. I thought I had but clearly not.

I did what you suggested, I'd actually worked out stage 1-4 via other posts and a bit of trial and error. What I did not know was you could then save the route permanently. Again, didn't manage it first time but did after a little bit of button pushing following your suggestion that it should be possible I cracked it. All pleased with myself I went to the Destinations file, nothing there. I then, on the off chance, went to Routes. Ta da. There it was, saved for ever more rather than having to set the route each time.

So after a lot of huffing and puffing from me, some inaccurate indignation, and a good deal of very useful help from people on here, I now know how to do what I wanted to do. It was in the manual, oops, but I maintain it was not particularly clear or easy to follow. Nor is the actual system in front of you clear in this matter, I'm sticking to that story anyway.

Thanks all, genuinely helpful and hopefully this thread wi

ll help someone else in future who has struggled to do the same. I will now explain to the Skoda "Tech Man" at my dealer how to do this as neither he nor any of the sales staff know either!

Great stuff - glad you have figured it out - just goes to show the different firmware we are all using without infact knowing that was the case !

• Thanks 1