Foldable Tables

terrapin

1 hour ago, vadimo said:

Karoq reviews say that interior feels and looks slightly better than Tiguan, no?

also isn't Tiguan same nearly size, just with more rear seats leg room but smaller boot?

Tiguan is 104mm longer and than the Karoq, I thought both the rear leg room and boot were bigger in the Tiguan after a brief look around both - but could be wrong in respect of the boot. According to the figures, the Karoq is actually slightly shorter than the Qashqai (Which doesnt seem to have too much room, either in terms of rear leg room or the boot) - Skoda are clearly using their space well, but still a way behind the Tiguan, especially where rear legroom is concerned.

• Like 1

Some in the Yeti section are complaining that the Karoq is bigger but for me the small increase in size isn't really an issue and this was borne out when looking yesterday, it still looks pretty compact.

But when looking at the Tiguan it looks very big! The width is more of an issue. If it was mainly my car I'd probably go for the Tiguan, but I'm retiring soon and the wife's Mini will be going - can't justify 3 cars then! She will be driving the Yeti replacement a lot more and I know it will be no contest when she looks at the Karoq and Tiguan, in the Karoq's favour!

As regards the interior you really need to view them side by side, but for me as soon as I sat in the Tiguan it felt better and more spacious. Perhaps it's because I'm a VW man having had 3 Passats on the trot! The Karoq is nice though.

I need to have a lengthy test drive in the Karoq and I'm sure I will get used to it and like it, apart from those flamin' tables!

• 1 month later...

I sat in the back of a Karoq in the showroom the other day, and completely agree with what’s been said about the tables. I’m just 6 foot and found them intrusive with the driving seat set for me. They have to be removable, albeit with a little sympathetic modding.  I like the suggestion of plugs in the scew sockets.  I don’t suppose it will be too long before someone carries out the mod and starts the ‘guide’ section for the Karoq. 

I dare say someone will get around to it before mine arrives in the summer sometime.

On 1/17/2018 at 21:27, Fin69 said:

Happy now? 

Screenshot_20180117-212517.jpg

I thought more along the line of THESE likes......................

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=1089&ei=r7SZWpmsJMbegAbW2ofICQ&q=tables&oq=tables&gs_l=img.3..0l10.1849.4759.0.5624.9.8.1.0.0.0.158.664.5j2.7.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..1.8.676.0..35i39k1.0.6ZB14SdqL8Y 

Edited by Macdemon

We don't really have a problem with the tables. Admittedly, they're not particularly good quality, but we only really have our Grandkids in the back and the endest of them is only 7 at the moment so space isn't really an issue.  Having said that, we did change the kids seats from group 1 2 3 to group 2 3 as the seats are shorter, but they definitely have more room in the Karoq than they do in the Yeti. By the time the tables become an issue, someone will have worked out how to remove them sympathetically. Who knows, if enough people complain, Skoda may develop an upgrade kit. 

15 hours ago, Bowdie said:

We don't really have a problem with the tables. Admittedly, they're not particularly good quality, but we only really have our Grandkids in the back and the endest of them is only 7 at the moment so space isn't really an issue.  Having said that, we did change the kids seats from group 1 2 3 to group 2 3 as the seats are shorter, but they definitely have more room in the Karoq than they do in the Yeti. By the time the tables become an issue, someone will have worked out how to remove them sympathetically. Who knows, if enough people complain, Skoda may develop an upgrade kit. 

not good quality ? i found them very sturdy and fine

I am 6ft5" and can confortably sit behind my own driving position, plus have a spare inch of rear headroom.. I can also open and close the tables without any effort (except for opening my legs). The tables themselvers are not of the best quality, but are functional and the kids like them. Perhaps there is more room within the SE/SE-Tech versions (budget seats), than within models fitted with variflex? Either this or some people have very long legs for their heights. 

1 hour ago, Orville said:

I am 6ft5" and can confortably sit behind my own driving position, plus have a spare inch of rear headroom.. I can also open and close the tables without any effort (except for opening my legs). The tables themselvers are not of the best quality, but are functional and the kids like them. Perhaps there is more room within the SE/SE-Tech versions (budget seats), than within models fitted with variflex? Either this or some people have very long legs for their heights. 

As you imply, quoting one's height is not the full story in situations like this as much will depend upon the length of one's torso versus one's leg length.  I'm 6' 1" but with a short torso and long legs (34" inside leg).  I find the rear seat knee room (when set for me driving in front) quite poor and rather disappointing.  I was hoping for better.  That is in the SE, SEL and Edition (with varioflex), I haven't seen a non-varioflex model yet.

I like the idea of the tables but their execution could have been better -they could have been set more into the backs of the front seats.  Although I should add that the Skoda engineers have done a better job than the Renault engineers with the current Scenic/Grand Scenic where the tables really do sit proud of the back of the front seats and use up valuable knee room.

Edited by Portman

Given that they're varioflex seats, did you try the legroom after sliding the rear seat backwards (admittedly using up boot space)?

Edit: Although thinking about it, I think they're at the furthest-back position by default, and you can only move them forward to increase the boot.

Edited by cjrp

14 minutes ago, cjrp said:

Given that they're varioflex seats, did you try the legroom after sliding the rear seat backwards (admittedly using up boot space)?

Edit: Although thinking about it, I think they're at the furthest-back position by default, and you can only move them forward to increase the boot.

Yes, I made sure the rear seats were fully back.  

Whilst my Octy Scout was in for a service I had a play with their Karoq demonstrator. 

With the front seat set up for me driving, I couldn't even get my leg past the seat let alone the table. And that's with the rear seat set all the way back. 

There also seems to be less steering wheel adjustment than on my Scout. 

I also wasn't impressed with the quality of the shiny black plastic on the centre console. 

Pity, as I thought that was going  to be the eventual replacement for my Scout. 

Great to see people enjoying their new vehicles, has anyone had a go at removing the tables yet?

I'd be very interested to see what's behind them and whether it would be an easy mod to cover up the mounting points. It seems to be just a few torx screws holding the table assembly in place (originally thought it was Phillips but was mistaken).

• 3 weeks later...

The Karoq tables fold out upwards rather than downwards.  I'm sure if the grandkids are in position in their car seats it will be difficult or impossible to fold the tables out.  If you fold them out first it will then be difficult to get the grandkids in!

28 minutes ago, Nick-H said:

The Karoq tables fold out upwards rather than downwards.  I'm sure if the grandkids are in position in their car seats it will be difficult or impossible to fold the tables out.  If you fold them out first it will then be difficult to get the grandkids in!

So I can use the "oh the tables are out, sorry" excuse not to carry the grandkids? :biggrin:

• Like 1

My Grandkids use Britax Romer seats and had the table out in a matter of seconds. Problem was they didn't know how to fold them up  (down) again!

We'd already booked to take Trouble and Doubletrouble out on Saturday and now will have the new car.

If their feet go any other than on the all weather rear mats there'll be trouble at t'mill. 

If we fold the tables down and put a bowl of "they melt in your mouth, not in your hand"  for each maybe they'll be diverted :nerd:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Michael G said:

We'd already booked to take Trouble and Doubletrouble out on Saturday and now will have the new car.

If their feet go any other than on the all weather rear mats there'll be trouble at t'mill. 

If we fold the tables down and put a bowl of "they melt in your mouth, not in your hand"  for each maybe they'll be diverted :nerd:

As a grand-pappy myself I fully understand!! The all weather mats have arrived - all I need now is a car to put them in!!

My grandson (2) lives in Abu Dhabi, I visit him in 10 days or so. He's car mad. When I took him to a local car dealers here, all he said was wow. Wow. Wowwwww. His daily ride is a Jeep grand cherokee V8 6.2litre. I sit in the back. No tables in the seats though!!!! :biggrin:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, OldKaroq said:

As a grand-pappy myself I fully understand!! The all weather mats have arrived - all I need now is a car to put them in!!

My grandson (2) lives in Abu Dhabi, I visit him in 10 days or so. He's car mad. When I took him to a local car dealers here, all he said was wow. Wow. Wowwwww. His daily ride is a Jeep grand cherokee V8 6.2litre. I sit in the back. No tables in the seats though!!!! :biggrin:

so you didnt take him to skoda, instead to all german premium car manufactures ? :giggle:

7 hours ago, vadimo said:

so you didnt take him to skoda, instead to all german premium car manufactures ? :giggle:

:D

A large car supermarket, near where I live. 100's of cars. He was in a buggy, we went up and down rows of cars, with his head spinning from one side to another. Wow. Wow. And "Wowwwww" to the German cars. "Petrol head" in the making...:biggrin:

• Haha 1

• 2 months later...

My three year old has done some "robust testing" and I am surprisingly pleased with the lack of fragility. To be honest, I have been pleasantly surprised and it has been ideal for him to use int he car for several purposes 

• 5 years later...