Considering a MK2 vRS tdi

just a couple or three questions?

Is the fuel tank in a mk2 vRS bigger than whats in my mk3 Tdi SE ??

Also, i think the answer is no, but just want to check. Is its possible to change the digital speedo bit on the Maxidot to MPH not KPH ? without the use of VCDS/vag com whatever it is these days lol.

Love the instrument needle sweep when you turn the ignition key, and the xenons sorting themselves out. 

Turns out that the car was originally owned by a member of this community. Even found some photos here of when he fitted the mud flaps. :-)

I believe it is a requirement for UK cars to be able to show km/hr. Skoda decided to do this with a digital display rather than the usual dual markings rings on the speedo.

Having said that, others on here have changed the display to mph, possibly by changing the country code.

Have a search on here for info. Note that the search box at the top is limited so often better to use google followed by the forum name and your search terms.

At some point, when the weather improves, I will be fitting some rear parking sensors. 

I assume that that I can buy a kit from eBay Andy fit them myself without any Vcds coding?  

I understand and that they won’t show a graphical display up on the head unit but that’s fine by me. Fitting the OEM ones seems very expensive. 

If if anyone has fitted parking sensors to theirs I would live to hear from you. 

Cheers

On ‎14‎/‎01‎/‎2018 at 17:13, roblatus said:

Well i went to view it today.

Looked as good in the metal as the photos. 

So, i bought it. Really impressed on the 1 hour drive home. almost 60mpg too.

I am not 100% sure if i will keep the mud flaps, or the splitter. not fully decided yet.

Finally after 12 years since i got my Mk1Octavia, i have a vRS. :-)

Even got a bit off the price too, to bring it in UNDER my budget and all in all a pleasant buying experience.

Feel like i should get some briskoda stickers now that i have something that qualifies.

Thanks again for the tips useful people :-)

if you decide to take the splitter off, let me know and i'll buy it off you

7 hours ago, chrisvectra said:

watching this with interest as id like parking sensors fitted

It won't be until the weather has improved. Spring time hopefully. Would like to know if anyone has done this? Did you fit the flush fit sensors? Or the ones that are slightly proud? Amy requirement for vcds coding? 

Hope you enjoy the new car! 

I’ve had my PD170 for around five years and 80,000 miles (now on 165,000 miles) and it’s been faultless save for minor niggles. 

Choice of tyres does help with harshness, I run latest Goodyear Eagle’s and they are great. 

I also think Bilstein B12’s improve the small bump absorption, well they did on my car anyway. 

Personally I felt my car was slow as standard, it’s had a Shark remap almost from day one. But it depends what car you are coming from I guess. 

Edited by JezF1000