Epc light and engine light coming on and a juddering

I've just entered a motorway in my fabia vrs give it a quick burst of throttle up to about 100 mph then my epc light came on then the engine management light and the car started juddering fear the worst here any ideas people thanks.

Yes plenty ideas.

A spark plug is failing.

Do not boot it again until all 4 spark plugs are removed, inspected and replaced.

Do not give it any well, and supercharger and turbo 2,400-3,500 rpm, because you might go into limp mode, shut down 2 cylinders or the turbo or both.

Worst case a tip comes off the plug under boost / heat / load.

That can be terminal.

So how many miles has the car done, what age, when were the spark plugs checked or changed.

Pinned thread at top of page.

It can be other things, coil going, Water Pump / Supercharger Magnetic Clutch etc.

First check is 'All 4 Spark Plugs' ones to the left especially (Drivers side right hand drive looking in the Engine) as too often not changed.

Ignition Coil Remover required, and do not let handless / rough bodgers near the job.

PS

No fault code might show for 'misfires' because there were not enough in the cycle, 

if there are enough the EPC might go to EPC and Emissions Control light as well, & Limp Mode.

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 1

Yes the car has done 64.000 miles on a 61 plate regularly serviced by skoda due in next month cars been absolutely fine up until before engine emission light came on also just scared the crap out of me because I've heard horror stories about these cars only had it a year 

What matters is what servicing has meant up to now with spark plugs.

As in did they get done at 40,000 miles, or did someone say they are good for 60,000 or more likely by 64,000 miles the plugs should need the 

3rd replacement set in.

Get ready to be paying for a New Water Pump and 2 belts.  Budget £400-£500 for that.

Are you losing any coolant yet, even a small drop?

2 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

What matters is what servicing has meant up to now with spark plugs.

As in did they get done at 40,000 miles, or did someone say they are good for 60,000 or more likely by 64,000 miles the plugs should need the 

3rd replacement set in.

Get ready to be paying for a New Water Pump and 2 belts.  Budget £400-£500 for that.

Are you losing any coolant yet, even a small drop?

I don't think so that's not good 400 to 500 I never really boot the car odd occasions like today so surprised if all that needs replacing will have to look through history for plug changes

They do run on 95 unleaded,

but the recommended fuel is 98 Super Plus as you see in the Filler Flap.  (lost in Translation or no translation.)

So no 98 Super Unleaded sold in the UK so it is 97 Minimum at Sainsbury, Esso, BP etc, 

or 99 Ron Minimum with Tesco Momentum 99 for £2.25 a tank fill extra, (or Costco Super Unleaded)

or another £2.25 more again at Shell with V-Power Nitro +,

Still do not give it well until plugs changed even with Super Unleaded in, especially with Super Unleaded in.

Too easy to be on Supercharger and Turbo on a slip road onto a Duel Carriageway, so be careful to drive easy until plugs are out.

TyrePressures_label.jpg

2012-Volkswagen-Scirocco-R-fuel-flap.jpg.ed674ee8e8f5cf5d3e3fb39ba7f9b919.jpg

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, KENDRICK81 said:

I've just entered a motorway in my fabia vrs give it a quick burst of throttle up to about 100 mph then my epc light came on then the engine management light and the car started juddering fear the worst here any ideas people thanks.

Not a good idea to boast about 100 mph on a public road. This is an open forum.

20 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

They do run on 95 unleaded,

but the recommended fuel is 98 Super Plus as you see in the Filler Flap.  (lost in Translation or no translation.)

So no 98 Super Unleaded sold in the UK so it is 97 Minimum at Sainsbury, Esso, BP etc, 

or 99 Ron Minimum with Tesco Momentum 99 for £2.25 a tank fill extra, (or Costco Super Unleaded)

or another £2.25 more again at Shell with V-Power Nitro +,

Still do not give it well until plugs changed even with Super Unleaded in, especially with Super Unleaded in.

Too easy to be on Supercharger and Turbo on a slip road onto a Duel Carriageway, so be careful to drive easy until plugs are out.

TyrePressures_label.jpg

2012-Volkswagen-Scirocco-R-fuel-flap.jpg.ed674ee8e8f5cf5d3e3fb39ba7f9b919.jpg

Thanks for the advice will use super from here on in will it be ok to drive slow in till I can get to a garage and do you think it is only the plugs or something more sinister car is really well looked after but has got me worrying now

Skoda fault, making them accelerate so quick 60-100 mph and no 90 mph on the Speedo.

Have fun.

Best get the car serviced,

& look at that Coolant and see none is dropping even a little. That will be the Water Pump.

Then from Skoda Dealership or Customer Services find out the record of the Servicing & Warranty they have.

http://skoda.co.uk/about-us/contact-us 

Just now, xman said:

I'm thinking about the police. Its known they sometimes track down offenders by monitoring social networks etc. Small chance maybe but.....how do you think they catch/track terrorists?....please yourself.....

Well I'm not a terrorist and i won't be losing any sleep they have no evidence anyway but thanks

A 'wee warning'. Not pith taking.

Insurance loss adjusters, Warranty company Loss Adjuster and Crash Examiners use Social Media posts to check out people being checked out.

Motoring Enthusiast Forums, and that is no Internet Myth.

Handy to set Speed Limit Warning, 

& Winter Tyre Fitted Speed Warning.,.  Reminds you of the loss of licence speed, bigger fine etc.

post-86161-0-29125400-1445171898.jpg

Edited by AwaoffSki
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

KENDRICK81,

I missed the question.

Combination of one plug failing, the gap is now too big.  & using 95 unleaded, but the same would happen on Super Unleaded, and your cylinder could have been wrecked already if the tip was burned off.

(worst example below from a members car back in 2012..)

Be aware at 6 years old and 60,000 miles plus not long until the Water Pump and 2 belts need replaced.

There is a thread with part numbers & prices i can bump when you need it.

imageproxy (4).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 13/01/2018 at 13:49, AwaoffSki said:

KENDRICK81,

I missed the question.

Combination of one plug failing, the gap is now too big.  & using 95 unleaded, but the same would happen on Super Unleaded, and your cylinder could have been wrecked already if the tip was burned off.

(worst example below from a members car back in 2012..)

Be aware at 6 years old and 60,000 miles plus not long until the Water Pump and 2 belts need replaced.

There is a thread with part numbers & prices i can bump when you need it.

imageproxy (4).jpeg

After looking into the service history all 4 plugs replaced on 32k and nothing since that means exactly 32 k later they have gone so makes sense of what you are saying just trying to get It in a dealer now have to ring back first thing tomorrow 

On 13/01/2018 at 12:45, xman said:

I'm thinking about the police. Its known they sometimes track down offenders by monitoring social networks etc. Small chance maybe but.....how do you think they catch/track terrorists?....please yourself.....

Well I'm not a terrorist and i won't be losing any sleep they have no evidence anyway but thanks