Citigo instrument binnacle.

Ronn

23 hours ago, RickW said:

For Miller73:blush: sorry. New Citigo collected today.

Screenshot_20180523-223936.png

No need to say sorry. I like the fact the display below the speedo is now black rather than green which will be much better to view at night, but I'm not keen on the speedo reading up to 140 now, its not like the Citigo will get an engine powerful enough to get anywhere near that.

• Thanks 1

Thanks.

Maybe the Speedo is that way so that 70mph is at the top and to even out the look of it if you know what I mean?

I hated the green display too which I found I had to squint at quite often.

So RickW, all's well that ends well (at least "wellish").

Enjoy your new little Tonka Toy - I'm now into 1600 miles of mine, & it's still going like a "good 'un".  Mpg isn't anywhere near what I had from the previous one (by some 10-15%) but I'm telling myself that the engine has yet to loosen up, as my type of usage is still the same - I can tell myself anything & actually believe it!.

What I have done, was to go totally mad & off piste, & treated myself to a set of new Nokian Weatherproof tyres, to replace the Continental Ecocontact 5's that were fitted by Mr Skoda.   I could tell that the Tyre Dealer pocketing my cash thought that I was in need of being certified for binning what he called "buggy good tyres" at only 1600 miles, but I felt happier in mind (although much lighter in wallet) for having changed what were purely "Summer" tyres for ones that would be much reassuring in both the wet & the snow that we get from time to time.   It was bucketing down both for all of the day,  but 

I swear that the car felt more assured & "grippy" on the way back from the Tyre Dealer than it did on the way there - although again, it could just have been "me" justifying the fact that I was £360 worse off.    However, on the last "Dodgem", I replaced the Continental Mark 111's at 4.5k for Goodyear 4 Seasons, & again (apart from being totally skint) I didn't regret it.   There's no pockets in shrouds as my old Granny used to say (before I replaced her toothpaste with a tube of superglue) & if "it" makes you feel safer, then it's dinero well spent.       Now all I have to do is to convince SWMBO of this!!!

The main thing I've noticed is that it seems quieter and more refined than our 16 plate Citigo somehow.  I think they've paid a little more attention to this or it could be my imagination?

The parking sensors,radio and climate control improve it too. 

Altogether very pleased with it.

• Thanks 1

Well, RickW, I too believe that my new set of wheels sounds more quiet than the '15 plater that I had last.   It "could be" that dropping down from a 75 BHP to a 60 laggy band has made all the difference - I reckon that the car was originally designed to be fitted with the smaller engine.   New car sounds more quite like No.1 sons' 2015 SE (with 60 BHP) than the last car - that sounded quite noticeably more "gruff" & coarse than this one.   Deliberated over whether to go down the 75 BHP route again, but unless one goes well north of 4000 revs, I'd swear that there isn't any difference, and so far (with just a couple of relatively-lengthy motorway runs under its' belt) I don't miss, or even realise that there's any difference.   Even at 70 mph all one has to do is to twitch the toes on their right foot, & you're up around the 85 mph mark - which is enough to keep up with any traffic flow (& risk getting zapped by a stray mobile cash dispenser or losing your licence in the process).  

I've had "head down, arse up" drivers belting past me , but I've invariably been sitting behind them again before too long, which prompts one to ask "what's the point?"

• Like 1