Citigo instrument binnacle.

Ronn

40 minutes ago, Michaelski said:

Oops, dunno what happened there - must have done what I do best, & hit the wrong button.

But soooooooooooooooo pleased that you've now taken delivery of your new Tonka Toy, MillyS, (I never expected that you'd have to wait more than a couple of weeks or so) & now simply just enjoy it - they really are cracking little machines.         Also so pleased (& somewhat reassured) that you got the Full Monty Binnacle-wise, although the Jury is still out & waiting for the definitive answer on that one.

BST being now on us, I've just been obliged to change the time on my little Dodgem car - dead easy: press the LHS button until the time appears: then press & hold the LHS button & eventually the hours will flash.  Press the RHS button & the hour will advance to the new time.   Easy Peasy, lemon squeezy.   More of a ballbreaker to change back to BWT, as one can only go forward with the clock, which means that to then go back an hour, one has to press-and-hold the LHS button, until you can advance the RHS button through the whole 24 hour cycle.   A bit less "lemon squeezy", but easily enough achieved.

A word of possible reassurance, I changed my HEKO wind deflectors from the previous car to this one without any problem (I simply had to, as we had rain the day I collected it, and one VERY cold shower was more than enough) so I can thoroughly recommend them.     Can also reassure anyone with any nagging doubts about using these cars on the Motorways: true, one has to drive slightly differently from being used to a higher-powered car, but they'll cruise more than happily at 70+ on the Motorway, & if you simply flex your toes, you're up & around the 85 mph mark without a hiccup.

So, 'appy motoring MillyS, and please keep us Posted with your impressions. 

2 hours ago, Michaelski said:

BST being now on us, I've just been obliged to change the time on my little Dodgem car - dead easy: press the LHS button until the time appears: then press & hold the LHS button & eventually the hours will flash.  Press the RHS button & the hour will advance to the new time.   Easy Peasy, lemon squeezy.   More of a ballbreaker to change back to BWT, as one can only go forward with the clock, which means that to then go back an hour, one has to press-and-hold the LHS button, until you can advance the RHS button through the whole 24 hour cycle.   A bit less "lemon squeezy", but easily enough achieved.

Much easier on a MFD (maxi dot), hold down side button on windscreen wiper stalk to get to MFD settings, go to time, tick daylight saving. :D a lot easier!

MFD stands for multi functional display

2 hours ago, Jonny118118 said:

Much easier on a MFD (maxi dot), hold down side button on windscreen wiper stalk to get to MFD settings, go to time, tick daylight saving. :D a lot easier!

MFD stands for multi functional display

Yeah well Jonny 118118, thanks for reminding usunns, who ain't not got (despite desperate attempts to have it) the MFD addition, so we HAVE to use the old Lsd method.   But it gives a real heart-warming feeling to know that "some of us" are as happy as a pig in S H 1 T with their updated Skoda technology.   Next time I change the car (if I'm still alive in 2-3 years' time) I WILL opt for the MFD, & then it will be a case of  the "ya boo, & sucks to you" syndrome.

• Haha 1

Day 24 of 'Binnacle Gate'.

Rung Skoda UK and the dealership today.

Still no answer regarding whether we can have a trip computer or what type of binnacle we may get.

Apologies to those who are bored with the subject. Nothing to see here.:blush

Sorry to hear that Rick. Have you been told your build date? Day 24 sounds like you might be getting awfully close. I haven't used the app yet so I'm not sure how it compares as a trip computer. I really do need to get it set up though.

Michaelski thanks for the tips on changing the time. I must admit I was disappointed that I couldn't pick my car up last Friday (couldn't get the time off work) but consoled by the fact that the dealer would need to sort changing the time before I picked it up on Monday! I've copied and pasted your instructions into an email so I can find them again later this year.

I'm still figuring out all of the buttonsand checking whether any features are different to what I expected. I was relieved to find a light in the boot though haven't tested it in the dark yet. I did notice that the handbag hook on the passenger side simply isn't there anymore but wouldn't have used it anyway. Aside from that, everything appears to be as expected.

I've been having refresher driving lessons for the last few weeks as I've been off the road for a while. The new car is quite different from my instructor's Hyundai i10 but we took the Citigo out for a drive together yesterday and he was very impressed, not to mention jealous of my heated seats (is this a man thing? Every man who has seen it seems to fixate on the heated seats). The brakes are far better for me than the i10 which I found too sensitive. The only thing I miss when comparing the two is the creep function. I hadn't realised how reliant I had been on it until I took my foot off the brake in the Citigo and it didn't move. I saw lots of complaints about the Citigo ASG and admittedly you do feel the gears changes a lot more than the Hyundai but by the time I got home (20 minutes away) I had already learned to anticipate the gear changes and lift my foot off the accelerator while it changed which made it very smooth. 

No build date yet Milly,but we've been told to expect it towards the end of May. The dealer will ring next week with a possible update.  Skoda UK haven't been very helpful up to now.

Yes the asg takes a little getting used to. I used to find setting off from roundabouts and junctions a little difficult but have learned the way the car likes to do it.

18 hours ago, RickW said:

Day 24 of 'Binnacle Gate'.

Rung Skoda UK and the dealership today.

Still no answer regarding whether we can have a trip computer or what type of binnacle we may get.

Apologies to those who are bored with the subject. Nothing to see here.:blush

Well, RickW, for starters,  personally ain't not bored with the subject - it's relevant to most Citigo buyers, and mainly goes to show just how little we faithful Citigo aficionados mean to the majority of the Skoda Stealers - it all comes down to Lsd, & not customer goodwill with them - shortsighted  people that they are - I will probably buy another Citigo, but as sure as eggs have little lions (for themmuns who are old enough to remember), I will not be throwing more of my money at the original Stealer.    They've more than had their chance, & as far as I'm concerned, they're sussed!           But I reckon that whether or not you receive your wanted Trip Computer,  you will take delivery of a 3-instrument Binnacle (albeit the Mark 1 version) as I've come to the conclusion that (basic model apart) "plusher" models sold in UK will be fitted with the previous Binnacle.    I still believe that the single-instrument Binnacle will be fitted to Eastern European cars, although I also have this niggling  concern that in the fullness of time, Mr Skoda will be advised by his "bean counters" that he can make a piffling few more euros if he fits just the one-instrument to all models, & themmuns that want more "whistles & bells" will quite happily shell out for the Dot Matrix system.    Am I cynical, or am I simply not cynical enough?

And to MillyS, it don't not matter a jot, not noway, no sirree, if the Stealer doesn't bring the time on to BST (odds on are that he won't even think about it - especially as you were originally due to pick the car up before BST happened) but it's so easy to do it yourself, at least going from BWT to BST. that it's not worth giving it a thought.      The Boot light works well, as indeed does the 2 x bits of string for raising/lowing the parcel shelf - it took Mr Skoda (or perhaps Mrs Skoda, or mebbe one of the little Skoda's) long enough to work out that 1p's worth of string could be such an advantage, but they work well.  The heated seats may indeed be a "man thing" ) not for nothing do men always stand with their backs to a fire) coz although our SE-L model was initially stipulated because of SWMBO, it is actually me who makes more use of the heated seats.            

I haven't tried the ASG model but I've had several automatic cars in the past, & I personally found that the "creep" function could be a VERY mixed blessing - unless one was giving 100% concentration (& mine was mostly devoted to listening to the tirade of advice/suggestions/INSTRUCTIONS emanating from the passenger seat) it was all too easy to actually "creep" into the back of the car in front.

So simply enjoy your new little Dodgem car & it will all fall into place ere too long.

The dealer rang at lunchtime to confirm that we can't have a trip computer alone (we don't want cruise) on the SE L asg model and the price list is in error as only the Greentech has this option which is a manual gearbox.

Also told us to expect the three dial binnacle although she said it's because she can see it in the brochure ( I think it's ambiguous personally).

Build date week 16 (end of April),expected end of May.

Oh well,never mind, it's not the end of the world. :speechless:

Seems ridiculously arbitrary that the chosen gearbox should dictate the availability of other separate options within the same spec.

If it's any consolation the smartphone app duplicates many of the TC functions, although I used the VW Up! Maps and More, because the Skoda version doesn't show mpg above 49.9.

Having played with it for a week, I bought a blanking plate, took the cradle off and threw it in the glove compartment. Too much faffing about. I can track mpg by entering mileage and costs into an app like fuelio once a fortnight. I'm just enjoying driving the car.

• Thanks 1

Thanks scr64,that's some reassurance. I'll remember the VW Up! thing.

Any chance of a picture of your blanking plate please?

Here's the plate. Ordered through a dealer. Despite the £6 price tag it is actually a piece of plastic, not precious metal. Just had to swallow hard and pay!

20180403_164726-907x1612.jpg

20180403_164805-907x1612.jpg

20180403_164850-907x1612.jpg

• Thanks 1

Thanks! I think we might have one lurking in the current SE L glovebox somewhere.

Pink Floyd fan? ;)

Edited by RickW
Additional information

Yes, I kicked myself for dutifully leaving the one I had in the trade-in car. And ,yes, a big Floyd fan. Only allowed it when alone in the car!

6 minutes ago, scr64 said:

Yes, I kicked myself for dutifully leaving the one I had in the trade-in car. And ,yes, a big Floyd fan. Only allowed it when alone in the car!

Same here re music!:D

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, scr64 said:

Here's the plate. Ordered through a dealer. Despite the £6 price tag it is actually a piece of plastic, not precious metal. Just had to swallow hard and pay!

20180403_164726-907x1612.jpg

20180403_164805-907x1612.jpg

20180403_164850-907x1612.jpg

Yes,the worlds most expensive piece of plastic!.£6-30 or there abouts ?.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 14:52, RickW said:

The dealer rang at lunchtime to confirm that we can't have a trip computer alone (we don't want cruise) on the SE L asg model and the price list is in error as only the Greentech has this option which is a manual gearbox.

Also told us to expect the three dial binnacle although she said it's because she can see it in the brochure ( I think it's ambiguous personally).

Build date week 16 (end of April),expected end of May.

Oh well,never mind, it's not the end of the world. :speechless:

Too true it isn't the end of the world, RickW.  I haven't, despite my first preference, got it on mine, & I've already (in just 2 months) come to terms with it, & don't miss it one iota - strictly on the grounds of what you never have, you don't miss. 

It just goes to show though, that the Brochures are possibly printed by the Czech equivalent of the writers of the Dandy & the Beano, & are there more for casual guidance than reliance.  And if your Dealer/Stealer can indeed see the 3 dial Binnacle in the brochure, then she's got sharper eyes than me - possibly another case of "wishful thinking", or perhaps she's referring to an out-of-date Brochure?

And re. leckmans' comment, as I too behaved like a good little boy (just like scr64) & left my old blanking plate in the previous car,  there's no way am I shelling out six of my very best friends for another tiny piece of tacky plastic:  my bird-eating-spider lookalike is stuffed in the glove box & there's just a gaping hole in the dash where it would fit - it can fill up with bum-fluff for all I care.   If nothing else, it may "just" convince the lighter-fingered members of our great nation that it's not worth breaking into the car, as there's nothing worth nicking.  Dream on Michaelski!

• Like 1

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 14:59, RickW said:

also I think this is the photo she was referring to.

Screenshot_20180406-145456.png

Well, RickW, even more room for doubt now (& I've got splinters by the score from scratching my head over this latest revelation) - & even more confusing, especially for the Stealers who don't even seem to go through the motions of trying to understand what they're hoping to flog to their great steaming public.       The right hand illustration is definitely the Dot Matrix option, & the left one is (as it most unequivocally says) applies to all models save the SE-L's & the Monte Carlo - but the wording is merely referring to the steering wheels, &  doesn't give the Instrument(s) any reference worthy of mention.         & although it's only definitely referring to the steering wheel, it does tend to promote through a process of elimination the thought that is one supposed to assume that the one-instrument Binnacle comes in tandem with the  "standard" steering wheel,  & the "luxurious leather wheel" possibly (but only just "possibly") brings the 3-Instrument Binnacle - even though it quite definitively states that "from SE upwards, dials also feature a rev counter & a fuel gauge"???  

I think that it's more or less unequivocal that shelling out for the Dot Matrix option will give one the current  (redesigned) 3-Instrument Binnacle, but if one doesn't opt for that (& even with the SE-L & Monte Carlo) will it give you one instrument or 3?     As I said above, reading the vainglorious text it clearly states that "all models from SE upwards also feature a rev counter & a fuel gauge" but, I venture to suggest, at the best, it will be the Mark 1 version (as fitted to my cars in both the 2015 & 2018 models) but not the one that's illustrated - at least not unless one shells out for the Dot Matrix option.     

Shame on Mr Skoda (& Mrs Skoda, & indeed all the little Skoda's) for condoning this lamentable confusion & equal shame on all the Stealers who can't be bothered to "do their homework".      Buyers of the Citigo deserve much better than being subjected to this level of confusion/possibly incorrect information.   I've studied this Forum at length, & I stlll can't arrive at the definitive answer regarding the instrumentation.

Well in approximately six weeks time we'll know definitely what we have binnacle wise.

As i've said previously,we've missed out on the dot matrix because we were told its only for the Greentech model if not having cruise control (mistake on the price list apparently,which will be changed).

Hopefully we'll get the same as Milly.

• Like 1

My concerns were first raised by the brochure showing 2 dashboards, (basic and maxi- dot binnacles) and the configurator (basic single dial in any trim unless maxi-dot is a chosen option).

I asked Skoda Uk who erroneously told me my SE-L would ship with a basic dial.

I now have the car complete with (old-style) 3-dial instrumentation.

In the handbook, as opposed to the brochure, all 3 binnacle configurations are explained.

I think this is just poor marketing and communication. All trims above S get 3 dial binnacles. Opt for trip computer and you get a 3rd, fancier version.

I hope...

• Like 2

Glad you got what you wanted in the end.

Surely it's not rocket science to get the brochure right.

The sales woman at the dealership says she always looks at the configurator as a guideline,but even that is unreliable in my opinion.

10 hours ago, RickW said:

Surely it's not rocket science to get the brochure right.

Brochure pictures are  left- hand drive. There are a multitude of different names for different trims which comprise different options in each country where the vehicle is sold. Costs do not allow for tailored brochures and mis-information slips through. Despite our hard-earned cash being a big deal to us, "We are only a pawn in their game" (Dylan):biggrin:

12 hours ago, scr64 said:

My concerns were first raised by the brochure showing 2 dashboards, (basic and maxi- dot binnacles) and the configurator (basic single dial in any trim unless maxi-dot is a chosen option).

I asked Skoda Uk who erroneously told me my SE-L would ship with a basic dial.

I now have the car complete with (old-style) 3-dial instrumentation.

In the handbook, as opposed to the brochure, all 3 binnacle configurations are explained.

I think this is just poor marketing and communication. All trims above S get 3 dial binnacles. Opt for trip computer and you get a 3rd, fancier version.

I hope...

As I stated a couple of months ago but some were not having it, hey ho.

• 1 month later...