Citigo instrument binnacle.

Ronn

55 minutes ago, leckman said:

But it specifically say in the brochure 'From SE upwards dials also feature a rev counter and fuel gauge'.As per usual the dealers do not know what they are talking about!.

I said this to the dealer who pointed me to the get-out clause on the back of the brochure.

To be specific, the dealership think it comes with 3 dials (SE L).

The configurator shows it with one, unless optional trip computer is spec'd.

I phoned Skoda UK who said they would enquire with the production plant. A week later i get a call " Your car will ship with single dial"

Told dealership who think Skoda Uk are wrong.

Should get the car in a month or so.  Will let you know what it looks like (probably 4 dials and SEAT written on the steering wheel!)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, scr64 said:

I said this to the dealer who pointed me to the get-out clause on the back of the brochure.

To be specific, the dealership think it comes with 3 dials (SE L).

The configurator shows it with one, unless optional trip computer is spec'd.

I phoned Skoda UK who said they would enquire with the production plant. A week later i get a call " Your car will ship with single dial"

Told dealership who think Skoda Uk are wrong.

Should get the car in a month or so.  Will let you know what it looks like (probably 4 dials and SEAT written on the steering wheel!)

I chose not to risk it and specified the multi-function display on mine. The image on the configurator clearly changes to the new display when this is ticked and reverts to the old cluster when it is not. 

It also adds the amount to the price of the vehicle so must be over and above the standard display. 

Well, I’m only going on what in been told by Jonny118118 & his experience at his Dealership.

I went to my own Dealership on Friday for my regular ‘free’ Car Club Wash.

I had a chat with the Salesman there & he hadn’t got a clue what you get either.

So, he brought up the Electronic Brouchure on his computer & afer studying it for about 3 minutes, he agreed with me.

He said

‘Unless you specify the Maxi-Dot display (& pay the extra) on the Citigo SE L it ships with one Instument, The Speedo’.

Everbody likes a Rev Counter on the Dashboard.

VW are taking us back to the 1950’s in the interests of Cost Cutter & maintaining Profit Margins.

Not Good enough VW.

Reply to DC-1 & scr64.

Clearly Skoda have got themselves into a right mess with this ‘Instrument’ Issue.

Regarding the Instrumentation.

Nobody is sure ‘What you get with which Model’

What a Bloody mess, I can’t believe the incompetence.

8 minutes ago, Ronn said:

Reply to DC-1 & scr64.

Clearly Skoda have got themselves into a right mess with this ‘Instrument’ Issue.

Have to agree,bit of a shambles on Skoda’s behalf,come on Skoda UK Pull your socks up.

Seems to me, the Factory just put on the car what they have in their Stores.

That’s probably why they’re so vague with their Specs in the Brouchire & Online.

In a situation where they are producing Citigo Facelift Models, it’s the sure way of using all your stocks up.

I do know that the features on the Facelift Model as shown at Feb 2017 Motor Show have been a ‘long time coming’ & have been ‘phased in’ in Bits & Drabs.

That means - if you bought a new Citigo over the last 9 months you’d get SOME of the Facelift Features but not ALL of them.

My Citigo SE L which was 1st Registered in July 2017 has got some Facelift Features but it HASN’T got the NEW FRONT with the rectangular spotlights & it HASN’T got the NEW BONNET with the ridge down it.

Mine’s got the ‘old’ Bonnet, ‘old’ FRONT with the ROUND SPOTLIGHTS.

Edited by Ronn

19 minutes ago, Ronn said:

Reply to DC-1 & scr64.

The most confusing part for me was I had specified the convenience pack which seemingly includes trip computer. Then you have the separate item multifunction display. 

Common sense would suggest when you buy a pack, a number of individual items are included at a slightly discounted price. Not so when it comes to the multi function display it seems. 

God only knows what they think you're getting with the display which is part of the convenience pack. I had to add both to ensure I got the new display at an extra cost of £200+

Edited by DC-1

Reply to leckman.

Yes, that is what the Salesman told me at my local Skoda Dealership.

Unless you pay EXTRA tor the Maxi-Dot Instument Cluster.

jonny188188 (whose waiting for his new Citigo SE L) was also told this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, leckman said:

Will the dial look like this?

4B65BD69-32C4-47A3-BE16-C8083E2D85CA.jpeg

I could well be wrong, but it looks as if the single dial itself has had a bit of an upgrade to push it out across the range. SE and above get the chrome trim, but from searching the net it seems that the green backlit lcd has been replaced with an easier to read white led display. In any case, the point i made earlier in the thread holds true; i have ordered a brand new car and no one knows exactly what will arrive, least of all me. Not good enough.

2 hours ago, Ronn said:

Reply to leckman.

Yes, that is what the Salesman told me at my local Skoda Dealership.

Unless you pay EXTRA tor the Maxi-Dot Instument Cluster.

jonny188188 (whose waiting for his new Citigo SE L) was also told this.

It’s not me waiting for an SE L. I’ve got a Monte Carlo with all options except the winter pack. 

Reply to src64.

I’ve never seen the basic Citigo pre Facelift so I don’t know if this is similar to the ‘old’ single clock setup.

But, what I can say is, the round Speedo with its chopped off bottom looks ridiculous in that dome shaped binnacle.

Just look at the unused spaces on the left & right inside the binnacle.

An extremely dull & uninspiring setup.

Ridiculous.

Looking at the photo, it’s the 2018 equivalent to the 1970’s Moskvitch or Polonez.

Very naff.

Edited by Ronn

Fear not, Skoda UK hasn't singled out the Citigo for misinformation. For many years, the Yeti has suffered from many 'standard equipment' discrepancies between the Skoda UK online configurator, the brochure and what the dealer had on their system. It really can't be that difficult to get some kind of link between the three!

I see the current Citigo price list equipment key has 'optional', 'standard' or 'n/a' ('n/a' could be 'not available' or 'not applicable') but appears to make no sense at all. For instance the driver's height adjustable seat is an option on the S but 'n/a' on the rest of the range. Same with 'halogen twin headlights with separate LED daytime running lights'. Perhaps they use many people to produce the brochures and online configurator that don't talk to each other or the factory!

Many thanks for the info posted on this and the other Citigo threads - useful info for a Yeti owner considering adding a Monte Carlo to the family as hopefully I'll be heading for a short commute soon that wouldn't be ideal for a diesel Yeti (Yeti will be staying for the longer journeys). 

Reply to aerofurb.

If the Key mentions ‘Optional’, ‘Standard’ & ‘N/A’.

As you say, N/A is an odd term to use, baffling and meaningless.

Citigo will never win any beauty contests but, I enjoy driving it, it’s an engaging car to drive, excellent floor pan & suspension setup (drives like a bigger car), comfortable, reasonably quick & (most importantly - fun to drive quickly).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ronn said:

Citigo will never win any beauty contests but, I enjoy driving it, it’s an engaging car to drive, excellent floor pan & suspension setup (drives like a bigger car), comfortable, reasonably quick & (most importantly - fun to drive quickly).

I think the Monte looks ace! But then I’m a teenager so it appeals to me :D

• Like 1

Yes, sorry don’t get me wrong.

Its not an ugly car & dressed up in a sporty way it reminds me of the small Rally Works Cars that the Manufacturers used to enter into the RAC Rally in 1980/1990’s.

I have an MX5 & a Mk2 Audi TT also.

But I can’t keep out of the little Citigo.

• Like 2

Why is everyone crying about this? Nothing has changed. The binnacle above is only on the S spec, otherwise you get the 3 dial one and have to get the maxidot upgrade to get the better 3 dial set up.

3 hours ago, Ronn said:

Miller73.

Have you got evidence of what you say that you can share with everyone else.

You appear to be on your own in these confident assertions. 

Page 6 of the brochure: "From SE upwards, dials also feature a rev counter and fuel gauge"

http://www.skoda.co.uk/SiteCollectionDocuments/downloads/brochures/brochure_citigo.pdf

This is the point I was trying to make but I suspect Skoda has changed the spec’ recently without telling anybody and new builds are now shipping with a single speedo.But then again who knows?.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, leckman said:

This is the point I was trying to make but I suspect Skoda has changed the spec’ recently without telling anybody and new builds are now shipping with a single speedo.But then again who knows?.

Why on earth would they do that? It probably costs an extra £10 to make the 3 dial instrument cluster over the basic one.

Oh Gawd - I'm now really, really worried (Miller73's assurances notwithstanding).

My 2015 SE-L has been traded in for another SE-L, & I've arranged to pick up the new Tonka Toy tomorrow.

I know that I don't drive with my eyes glued to the Binnacle, but having the Rev Counter & circular fuel gauge there was sorta re-assuring.   If I've finished up with just a speedo (& the tacky-looking strip fuel gauge) on their own, I know that I'm going to be as sick as next doors' pet cat.     When the Salesman was weeing himself with excitement, & insisting that I inspect the car in the drizzling rain, I should perhaps have paid just a leedle attention, instead of muttering platitudes  (duck-billed ones in my case) & actually checked out the Binnacle.

But having a SE-L at the moment, and having actually read the brochure, I never (not for one moment) thought that I was going to be palmed off with the new (tatty cheaper) version.    If I have, I just know that the lack of what I'd taken for granted will grate on me like a chunk of cheddar.   But, the deed is done & all I can do is to roll up tomorrow: rub my gorilla knuckle bones feverishly, & hope that my day isn't spoiled beyond salvation.

Watch this space................... I promise that I'll report exactly what  I did finish up with.   

• Like 1