Citigo instrument binnacle.

Ronn

Well, thanks for your good wishes, leckman, as promised I'll see what I get, & then make a Post.

My own (somewhat highly cynical) opinion of the Dealer/Stealer that I used, is that they haven't a bugs' clue about what they're trying to palm off on to customers, & care even less!!!!!!!!!    All that they are interested in (IMHO) is flogging enough cars to meet their targets, and customer satisfaction doesn't even come into the equation - even though they perhaps actually realise that they're going to lose a customer in the process.   Who cares if you lose one mug, there'll always (hopefully) be another one to replace them.

So, will I be "reasonably" satisfied tomorrow, or will I be totally wee-wee'd off??????????????

Watch this space!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The pictures in the brochure are all very nice - unfortunately the phrase 'Images shown may not be UK spec. Some of the equipment shown may be optional' disclaimer appear on every page (or words to that effect). I hope for Michaelski's sake it has many dials but I fear the brochure is not proof....

Reply to aerofurb.

Yes, you are perfectly correct.

Some on this site have ‘Poured Cold Water’ on our concerns with the dreaded ONE CLOCK Dashboard.

They may be right, (I sincerely hope they are), point is: we don’t know - yet!

I’m waiting for someone to get in touch with us, who has picked up a new 2018 BUILD  (for the UK market) of a Citigo SE L spec car (who HASN’T paid the extra for the Maxi-Dot Display), and the car has shipped with the 3 instrument ‘old’ type setup.

Preferably 3 or 4 examples would be better to reinforce the point.

Until then, I hold my own counsel & reserve judgement until I have written proof.

I hope people get in touch with us all to confirm one way or the other.

Edited by Ronn

Going by the brochure Citigos above S spec will have 3 dials,going by the on line configurator the cars will have one dial.Certainly confusing.Look forward to see what Michaelski has on his car today.

Be interesting, yes.

It could be an indicator of what to come on future builds from the Factoy but, it may be a build that’s utilising the last of the stock of the old 3 Dial instruments before the switch to the Down Market ‘cheapo’ one Dial replacement.

Dont tell me - I’m such a pessimist, ☺️, I already know that.

Hello Campers - Hidy Hi (& all that krap).

Well, like the guarantee prominently displayed on SWMBO's Girdle, all is safely gathered in.

Collected my new Tonka Toy today, & (hurrah, hurrah, let joy be unconfined) it had the 3 Dials.  But I reckon that Ronn (above) has unerringly put his little Pinky right on the button.   I ordered my new SE-L in mid Jan, but the car had been built, & was already sitting at the Docks in Emden - it was either take that one (not the colour that SWMBO had requested: she wanted the metallic silver, the chrystal blue was an unknown to her) or order one from the factory, with a minimum 3 month wait - by which time Mr Skoda's discount offer would be withdrawn.    So, perhaps I just  "struck lucky", & Mr Skoda is indeed in the process of changing the Binnacle supplied - after all, "someone" has to pay for the current range of improvements/additions & generate the same profit margin - the removal of the PID & the CD player went some way in compensation, but I reckon that other "cost cuts" will follow as in, if you gorra have a rev counter then you're gunna have to shell out for the Dot Matrix etc.

But in the highest traditions of "I'm alright Jack" I've got my 3, so am as happy as a pig in S H One T.

The car has now pleased me mightily, in addition to the Binnacle that I'd set my little heart on, there's the new twin headlights (don't yet know just how good the bulbs are though) LED DRL's: the Dash is now a sorta shiny plasticy two-tone, & looks much more upmarket: the seats are somewhat improved the radio is substantially re-hashed & obviously cost another 5p (or Czech equivalent): in addition to the new coloured Tuner, there's more speakers, so the sound quality if now quite reasonable: there's very basic adjustments for the radio on the steering wheel: the Salesman was having an orgasm of delight about the Alloys now having a locking wheel nut (am sure that my 2015 SE-L also had one - at least according to the hombre at Kwikfit): there's now an automatic  light in the boot, and Ye Gods, there's even 2 bits of string added to the rear parcel shelf.     Also (for the benefit of the really technical) the tyres seem to be Continental Eco Contact (it's a Greentech) 5's - which according to Tyre Reviews aren't too bad at all & much much better than the Type 1's that were fitted to the previous car - I still may revert to buying Goodyear 4 Season Vector Generation 2's  when they've got a very few thou under their belt, as I really rate them. 

So there you have it Campers - I'm deliriously (define "deliriously") happy with my new 60 PS Chrystal Blue Greentech

'appy motorling to all.

Hi everybody Ronn here.

That’s Michaelski sorted then!

Everthing is Hunky-Dory there then, Great.

As Michaelski says, too early to say how this one is going to yet, as the car was started in 2017.

As I said at the ‘Brighton Conference’, ☺️ (That was for any Mike Yarwood fans out there), VW/Skoda may still have the change ‘in  the pipe line’ to introduce after all stocks of the 3 Instrument setup are exhausted.

So we’ll just have to see what happens, I shall keep popping back to my Dealership on a monthly basis for their ‘car wash club’.

I will ‘rubber neck’ into every new Citigo in the show room to see which Clock setup they’ve fitted.

One point I’ve just thought of, Skoda never put the model ID onto the back of the Citigo, no S, SE or SE L ever appear on boot lid - very odd that?

I picked my SE L up last July ‘17 and I have all the same as Michaelski’s has on it + heated seats (the Facelift features), except mines got the old round fog lights (I use them as Spots) & I haven’t got the Stearing Wheel Radio Buttons.

This is as I thought, Skoda are introducing the Facelift features (fully introduce last Feb ‘17 at the Geneva Motor Show on a specially prepared car), as the stock of the old parts ‘dry up’ at the Factory.

So, you never know exactly what your going to get!

A very unsatisfactory situation in believe.

So,

In the words of Benny Hill & Harry Hill,

CHEERIO! 

(No doubt I’ll be back). ☺️

I;m glad that you're glad that I'm glad, Ronn, but joking apart, you're quite right in being somewhat of a cynic.    My last Greentech had the designation Citigo (the "Go" being in Green) on the boot.   This one, still has Citigo on the boot, but it's all in silver - must have saved VW all of around 2 pfennigs - but as Angela Merkel says "if you look after the pfennigs, then soon we'll be able to afford to do the 1939-45 Tour de Europe & rule the world again" .

It's currently dull, dreary & raining, so I'm not going to check which side of the Dodgem the bonnet release is.    Needless to say, the Salesman didn't mention anything, but when it comes down to what he's desperately trying to sell, he also doesn't seem to know whether his fundamental orifice is drilled, bored or countersunk - or perhaps he simply doesn't care?       Also, am going to have to read the handbook, (if I actually have one)  as trying to save Stations on the new radio, .(which for Skoda, actually looks to be quite a class piece of kit) is enough to give me a nose bleed.

& the parking sensors show up with the swept area covered on the radio display (Wowee, but actually pretty impressive).   Didn't reverse far enough back into the brick wall to see if there's also an audible warning, but perhaps I'll try it tomorrow, with SWMBO standing in the firing line.

Is it my imagination, or is the boot space marginally larger - or is it simply an optical illusion?

Anyways, haven't done much mileage yet, but I'd put my hand on my halfpenny (I mean heart) & swear that there's no noticeable difference in the performance between this 60 PS & my previous 75.   Oh, & I'd also swear that the rev counter (now who brought that contentious topic up?) and the fuel gauge have been redesigned, & look "smarter" than previously.

As a quick (very quick) follow on -SWMBO despatched out into the cold & wet, to take a bin-bag out.   As I was actually going past the car, I thought that I might just as well get cold & wet on my own account as well, so I had a quick look.

I do have the centrefold on the bonnet & I do have the new fog lights.  What I do not have is the moving of the bonnet release catch from the N/S to the O/S - mine's still in its customary place (down by SWMBO's left ankle).

So, as someone said: some new cars are being delivered with some of the changes, but others are being delivered with "old" spec.     I have this macabre vision of the workers dipping into various selected Parts bins, & fitting whatever first comes to hand -  a sort of Czech variation on the old Bran Tub Ploy.

Edited by Michaelski
misspelling

Hi Michaelski,

Yes, I’m sure you are right.

I think they (The Factory) are just Working their way through the old stock until it’s exhausted.

Skoda are sending out a load of Mongrels with regard to the Citigo.

A real LUCKY DIP.

Ideal for anyone who likes a surprise.

Me again Michaelski,

One point I’ve just thought of.

You mention that your Car has the 3 Clock Dashboard.

Regarding your Speedo! 

May the bottom where the mileage is registered, - are they still putting the LCD display here? You know, the ones where the numbers are so small & so faint that, it’s virtually impossible to read.

Or, 

Have they replaced that with a brighter LED display that has bigger numbers & is easy to read.

I they have changed that, it would be a great improvement.

When I received my Citigo, (July ‘17) I didn’t think it had an indicator (capital A in a circle) to indicate the Stop/Start was selected.

It was only last Sunday that I spotted it in the LCD window of the Speedo in the bottom R/H corner.

It is so Tiny I had missed it.

I cannot read ANYTHING in that LCD display when I’m driving, the characters in the Display are too small & too Dim.

Hi Michaelski,

Any chance if you attaching a Pic of the 3 Instrument Cluster what you have.

Day time Pic would be better if possible.

That would be great if you could.

Ronn.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, leckman said:

Something like this perhaps?

media.jpeg

Looks like a maxi dot that, centre display is black and white, and is set out exactly like mine. 

I believe it’ll be something like this;

935AAA9F-CFA7-4DFE-842B-AD68B28A87C7.thumb.jpeg.a7e02d0277f680e5c28284f8a9682427.jpeg

(Note: not my photo, got it from a previous ebay sale so can’t alter the quality but you get the idea) 

Reply to leckman.

That picture you sent is the EXTRA COST Maxi- Dot Display, we know that that’s available at EXTRA COST. 

Thats not the STANDARD Citigo Display.

Reply to Jonny118118.

the top picture is the EXTRA COST Maxi-Dot Display. It is not the STANDARD display you get on the Citigo. It’s an EXTRA COST.

The bottom picture is the 3 Instrument display I have on my 2017 Citigo with the ‘impossible to read on the move’ ****E LCD display under the Speedo. We know about this.

Im waiting for Michaelski to post up a picture of the display he’s got on his NEW Citigo that he picked up today.

Sorry Ronn, as regards looking for a fotie from me: when I say that I don't do modern technology. I mean that I don't do modern technology (as in it's totally beyond me).  In fact, during my formative years, the cutting edge of technology was the Sun Dial - I'm still using a wind-driven mobile, as I can't manage the technology necessary to upgrade to a coal-fired one.  I'm also still returning to the Handbook, and trying to work out exactly how to  store Stations on the new Radio - but to me,  it's like trying to decipher the Dead Sea Scrolls.     Damn & blast modern technology.

However, the last photo (the weird wonky one) that leckman Posted, does in fact look exactly like wot I've got - in other words about exactly the same as I had on my last car.  If anything, I'd say that the graphics in the screen are a little more legible, but that's about it.   To cynical me, it's Mr Skoda (or possibly Mrs Skoda) emptying their Parts Bin of all stockpiled bits & bobs, before moving on to the latest innovation?

Now, which "techno" out there is going to tell me how to store stations on the new radio?   Thanks in anticipation.

Oh, OK, Michaelski,

ive just gone outside & taken this picture from my own Citigo 3 Clock setup.

Does your display below the Speedo look like this?

A sort of dull green background with ‘spidery’ numbers on it that are so small, it’s difficult to read them whilst on the move?

Ronn.

E14E1BB0-9426-46D4-903B-6DD99F68EA31.jpeg

Hi Ronn,

The "general" design of the dials are the same, but (at least to my poor old tires eyes) the background to the  display is now Black & the numbers thereon are both larger & much more clear.

However, I've just spent an extremely frustrating (& expensive) hour at Halfords (thank you Dave, the most patient & helpful of chappies there) getting a new Sat Nav.       Wot I can tell you all, is that if you do not have a Smart Phone, then you will not (repeat not, not in no way, No Sir, No Sirree) be able to fit a sat nav into the new holder - they simply do not fit it: the Mount is not deep enough.      This means that in addition to the sat nav, you are obliged to buy some sort of appropriate Mount for whatever sat nav you buy (I got a Garmin DriveSmart 61, LMT-D).

Also,if you don't use/own a Smart Phone, then the USB Port on the top of the Dash doesn't charge the sat nav up either - it's there purely for the purposes of marrying up a Smart Phone to other functions - which in turn means using a lead trailing down the sat nav on the Dash, & into the power socket next to the gear lever.

So, the new gubbins is designed purely for Smart Phones, and if you don't have one of those, you are well & truly snookered behind the Green.   There are ways around it (as I have now got) but they all incur additional cost - quite a lot of it in my case. 

God bless you, Mr Skoda - wot would we have done without your thirst for new technology?

Edited by Michaelski
chose wrong words

3 hours ago, Ronn said:

Oh, OK, Michaelski,

ive just gone outside & taken this picture from my own Citigo 3 Clock setup.

Does your display below the Speedo look like this?

A sort of dull green background with ‘spidery’ numbers on it that are so small, it’s difficult to read them whilst on the move?

Ronn.

E14E1BB0-9426-46D4-903B-6DD99F68EA31.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Michaelski said:

Hi Ronn,

The "general" design of the dials are the same, but (at least to my poor old tires eyes) the background to the  display is now Black & the numbers thereon are both larger & much more clear.

However, I've just spent an extremely frustrating (& expensive) hour at Halfords (thank you Dave, the most patient & helpful of chappies there) getting a new Sat Nav.       Wot I can tell you all, is that if you do not have a Smart Phone, then you will not (repeat not, not in no way, No Sir, No Sirree) be able to fit a sat nav into the new holder - they simply do not fit it: the Mount is not deep enough.      This means that in addition to the sat nav, you are obliged to buy some sort of appropriate Mount for whatever sat nav you buy (I got a Garmin DriveSmart 61, LMT-D).

Also,if you don't use/own a Smart Phone, then the USB Port on the top of the Dash doesn't charge the sat nav up either - it's there purely for the purposes of marrying up a Smart Phone to other functions - which in turn means using a lead trailing down the sat nav on the Dash, & into the power socket next to the gear lever.

So, the new gubbins is designed purely for Smart Phones, and if you don't have one of those, you are well & truly snookered behind the Green.   There are ways around it (as I have now got) but they all incur additional cost - quite a lot of it in my case. 

God bless you, Mr Skoda - wot would we have done without your thirst for new technology?

So it’s pretty much the same, just that the display is now ‘black and white’ instead of ‘green and black’ which in theory should make it easier to read. 

That's about the size of it, Jonny118118, but it is much easier to see the info that's on it - more I suspect by accident than deliberate design by Mr. Skoda.

Having now trolled around the district in the new Tonka Toy, it really is growing on me (a bit like a malignant wart).     Am most impressed by the built-in parking sensors: the display comes up on the radio screen, & shows decreasing lines as you come nearer whatever it is that's behind you.  Also, the radio is quite something (at least compared to the previous pile o' junk) & if I could only fathom out how to preset a Station, I'd be a happy little bunny.

The mount for the new satnav is fine, & doubtless I'll learn to live with the lead trailing down into the 12v socket.   "All" I've got to do now is to try to install Updates on it, as (for the life of me) I haven't a clue about how to go into Upper Case mode on the SatNav, and that's what the Password for my Broadband is.      Some Geek out there will doubtless have the answer though.