VCDS - What can be done? (Citigo)

Jonny118118

So I’ve been looking at @SashaGrace‘s Octavia thread and saw VCDS mentioned. I was interested to find out what it meant so researched it on the trusty google and noticed it’s a way of enabling/disabling features. So, now we’re in 2018, what can be done? Are they easy to use? Is it worth it? Does it cause any problems when edited? 

I’m into my technology and studying mechanics so this is quite interesting! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well it’s arrived! Has anyone got any advice, tips or tricks? 

826C089E-A6AF-4F8D-8C8E-82173D8D4F7E.thumb.jpeg.7010500725ce48edffe8b36c9a877a05.jpeg

Update:

plugged it into the Citigo and for some reason I’ve got two fault codes :dry: (shown below)

Has anyone else had these appear before?

BC8F1751-9F63-449E-B23F-251112441508.thumb.jpeg.a270a211e1cc255844d8a1a60b3fc2de.jpeg

708E7577-B752-40DE-B4FD-7F4EE6FF67E1.thumb.jpeg.7089b74a9fc679e1489bd27f7bb165f3.jpeg

Edited by Jonny118118
Updates

Tire pressure warning uses ABS sensors to determine speed differences between tyres. That's how it knows if tyre is under inflated. 

Intermittent ABS sensor failure will make also tire pressure warning failure.

If memory serves I have had same faults couple of times. Nothing to worry about. Probably some moisture between ABS sensor and sensor ring is my best guess. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Emil said:

Tire pressure warning uses ABS sensors to determine speed differences between tyres. That's how it knows if tyre is under inflated. 

If memory serves I have had same faults couple of times. Nothing to worry about. Probably some moisture between ABS sensor and sensor ring is my best guess. 

I’ll check tyre pressures, reset the TPMS and then clear the codes - see if they re-appear. 

4 hours ago, Emil said:

I’ve checked tyre pressures, adjusted where needed and pressed the ‘SET’ button. From there I plugged in the OBDeleven and cleared the two fault codes. Turned ignition off and on and started the engine. Scanned for codes again and no codes appear!

I assume it triggered those codes when the TPMS kicked in a few months back. 

57 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Sorry, I meant to come back to this! I have coded in cornering fogs on the car and sorted the auto locks coding. That’s it really, nothing like the Octy but there’s a few things to do :)

How’d ya do the cornering fogs? I have to admit... I was looking for the lazy option (under apps but there’s a big lack of options there!!). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SashaGrace said:

Under the lighting module there’s an option to enable it, would have to check exactly how though as I barely get chance to drive it these days. Enjoying putting miles on the service managers car atm :)

Yeah I saw!! Haha! I love those new facelifts, the DRLs make them stand out. 

I dont remember seeing a lighting module :blush:

2 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Maybe you didn’t, that could have been the Octy!! Might be Central Electrics, I can’t quite remember! I’ll try and plug it in at the weekend and retrace my steps :)

Cheers @SashaGrace, I’m still trying to get used to it... even if there ain’t many settings to change :D

The fault codes it throw up kinda got me worried at first but I think I’ve sorted that out. I did mainly get the OBDeleven for cornering fogs but also because I think I’ll probably stick with Skoda’s in the future! I fancy a rapid or Octavia DSG, won’t be for a long time though! :D

• Like 1

Of the 2, deffo go for the Octy it’s well worth it. Rapid is ok if you have low expectations of a family car, Octy is a genuinely nice car to own. I am very smitten with mine and glad I made the choice. I just feel bad not using the Mercedes as often, but that’s what I get for buying 3 cars in 12 months, so what can you do? ;)

2 minutes ago, SashaGrace said:

Of the 2, deffo go for the Octy it’s well worth it. Rapid is ok if you have low expectations of a family car, Octy is a genuinely nice car to own. I am very smitten with mine and glad I made the choice. I just feel bad not using the Mercedes as often, but that’s what I get for buying 3 cars in 12 months, so what can you do? ;)

Keep it as a summer toy :D

• 2 weeks later...

Checked OBDeleven and they have actually added abit more in APPS for the Citigo. 

I’ve just enabled cornering fogs.

other things you can do;

rear lights with DRLS (10 credits)

DRLs on/off (10 credits)

tear drop wiper (10 credits)

cornering fogs (10 credits)

mirrorlink (100 credits)

service reset (100 credits)

possibly afew things I’ve missed but atleast there’s alittle now :)

FE1CBE48-E4C5-4BAD-8E84-959B0A0DE280.jpeg

090022C8-238F-41F6-BAD1-7A734E7A32F0.jpeg

Edited by Jonny118118
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, CTGO said:

Thanks for updating us Jonny. I ordered an OBDeleven yesterday and downloaded the app for free credits, looking forward to having a play with it.

Did you buy the pro bundle? You’ll need pro to use APPs and most other features, live data, fault codes etc.