!! 1.4 tdi overboosting problem HELP

My car is going into limp mode when i go over 80 miles an hour full throttle but can go over 80 if i barely touch the pedal. I  checked the code when the car goes into limp mode and its the code for overboosting. Has anyone had this problem and fixed it ive been told the turbo veins needs clean but ive also been told i need a new turbo.

Has anyone had this problem and fixed it or know how to fix it

There are a few schools of thought on this.

Part of it depends if the 1.4 has a VNT turbo where the vanes move depending on how much boost it needs.

Assuming it does, your options are:

Shell V-Power and a heavy right foot

The Mr Muscle Treatment (there's lots on the forum about it, works for some better than others)

Forte Turbo Cleaner (goes in the fuel tank, works for some people better than others)

Removing the turbo, stripping it down and cleaning it

Replacing the turbo

Obviously, some of these options are far more expensive than others. 

Do you use Shell V-Power already, or just supermarket fuel? The Shell stuff can make a big difference for boosting issues as they whack extra detergents etc. into the fuel. 

You can also try moving the actuator arm yourself to see if you can free it off. You can get to it from the top of the engine with a suitable poking implement

45 minutes ago, mogwye said:

Not wishing to be 'sarcastic' but a speeding ticket usually fixes it quite quickly.

DB.

Isn't that slightly disingenuous, a bit like saying "no offence" before saying something tactless and offensive?

The OP is a brand new member with a legitimate and tricky technical issue, drawing attention to his naive and inadvertent admission of marginal speeding is frankly pedantic and unhelpful at best, he was simply trying to accurately frame the fault to help with a diagnosis.